Class of Service (CoS)
The following chart explains which user groups receive which class of service within EagleMail. The class of service differences are due to licensing costs for EagleMail services.
Descriptions and Definitions
- Alumni: individuals who hold at least one EMU degree, who are not pursuing another program and have not been admitted to another program, are not affiliated in any other way with the University, and do not have an outstanding balance due to the University.
- Desktop Client Sync: two-way synchronization enabling compatibility with MS Outlook, Apple/Mac Mail, and iCal. See Zimbra Connector for iSync (Apple/Mac Mail and iCal) and Syncronizing EagleMail with MS Outlook for more information.
- Donor: individuals identfied by the Director of Advancement, based on giving history.
- Inactive Adjunct Lecturer: 13 months have passed since the final day of the most recent semester in which they taught.
- Inactive Student: an individual who has not been enrolled at EMU during the last eight semesters.
- Independent Contractor: an individual working for EMU on a contract basis, not an EMU employee. The CoS for an independent contractor is determined on a case-by-case basis by the Director of Security and Human Resources. Contact the Director of Security at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mobile Device Sync: over-the-air synchronization of mail, contacts and calendar to Palm, iPhone, and Windows Mobile devices. See Mobile Devices - Overview for more information.
- Non-Person Account: depending on volume of activity, these departmental accounts will receive CoS 2 or 3 status.
- Full Time/Part Time Student: an individual who has been enrolled at EMU during at least one of the last eight semesters.