Creating a New EPAF
An EPAF is used to process personnel actions (i.e. hire, rehire, termination, and job changes) for an employee.
Follow these directions to create a new EPAF:
- From the Electronic Personnel Action Form menu, click New EPAF link.
- The New EPAF Person Selection page is displayed. Type the employee's EID in the ID field and press the [Tab] key on the keyboard.
Note: Alternately, click the Search button to search for them by name.
- If the employee exists in Banner, their name is displayed. Using the appropriate Payroll calendar, type the Pay Period Begin Date for the (future) pay period the EPAF takes effect, in the Query Date field. See the Payroll Calendars page for more information.
Note: When determining the query date, consider the time needed to advance the EPAF through the approval routing queue. If it isn't through the queue by the EPAF Due Date it will need to be voided and re-created.
- Click the Approval Category field pull-down arrow and select the desired personnel action from the list.
Note: Actions include hire, rehire, change, and terminate.
- Click the GO button.
- The New EPAF Job Selection page is displayed. Click the All Jobs button.
Note: If you are rehiring the employee into a previous position or changing/terminating the employee, select the desired job from the list and skip to step 9.
- Type the desired position number in the Position field.
- Type 00 in the Suffix field.
Note: If this is the employee's second job with the same position number, type 01 in the Suffix field.
- Click the Go button.
- The Electronic Personnel Action Form page is displayed. Enter the requested employee and job information.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Submit button.
Note: Errors (not warnings) must be corrected before an EPAF can be successfully saved and submitted.
- If there are no errors, a Your change was saved successfully message is displayed and the transaction status is changed to Waiting.
- If there are no errors, a The transaction has been successfully submitted message is displayed and the transaction status is changed to Pending.
- When you are finished, click the Return to EPAF Menu link at the bottom of the page.
- Note: The Employee Personnel Action Form menu is displayed.