Consenting to a Criminal Background Check
All prospective student employees (i.e. hourly, Graduate Assistants, Teacher Assistants, and Doctoral Fellows) must consent to a criminal background check before they are eligible for hire.
Follow these directions to consent to a criminal background check:
- Navigate to the Student Services menu. See
Student Services Overview
for more information.
- Click the Consent to Criminal Background Check link.
- The Consent to Background Check page is displayed. Read all the information on the page, including the question regarding criminal conviction and the certification statement.
- Answer the question by clicking the Yes or No button.
Note: If you clicked the Yes button, type an explanation in the Yes, Please explain field.
- Check the Checking this box indicates agreement with the statement box.
- Click the Submit button.
Note: A message indicating The Consent has been stored successfully... is displayed.
- When you are finished, click the Student Services tab to return to the Student Services menu.