Voice Message Options
A quick reference guide of the features you can activate from your Cisco IP phone is available by clicking on the Cisco IP Phone Quick Reference Guide link.
Your voice message storage capacity is limited to 19MB. A one minute message takes up approximately 480KB of storage providing for approximately 39 saved messages. Mailbox quotas have three different levels of warning messages: warning, send and send/receive. Mailbox users will receive a quota warning message as follows:
- Level 1 - Send and receive still possible (15MB stored, approximately 30 minutes of recording)
- Level 2 - Sending messages not possible (17MB stored, approximately 35 minutes of recording)
- Level 3 - No sending or receiving of messages is possible until some messages are deleted (19MB stored, approximately 40 minutes of recording)
As saved messages age they will be moved to the 'Deleted Items Folder' in 14 days and permanently deleted from the 'Deleted Items Folder' in 15 days.
Contained in the Cisco IP Phone Quick Reference Guide are steps to:
- Play new or old (saved) messages
- Actions you can take during message playback
- Actions you can take after message playback
- Options to reply, forward or send a message
- Record a standard or alternate greeting
- Create a private list
- Change your PIN number
- Change your recorded name
Note: Some features contained in the voice message menus are currently not available such as Message Notifications, Menu Style, Directory Listing Status and Transfer Settings.