7900 Basic Features
Below is a labeled display of your phone's interface followed by a corresponding description of each label. A quick reference guide of the features you can activate from your 7900 Series Cisco IP phone is available for download by clicking on the 7900 Cisco IP Phone Quick Reference Guide link in the 'Documentation' box.
- Handset Light Strip - A red LED light on the handset indicates an incoming call or new voice message.
- Time & Date - The current time and date is displayed
- Softkey Buttons - Each activates a softkey option (displayed on your LCD screen); such as redialing a call, placing a new call, forwarding a call, activating the Do Not Disturb feature. The softkeys available are specific to the situation.
- Unit Phone Number - The number assigned to the phone is displayed
- Phone Line Buttons - Multiple lines are managed by pressing the desired phone line button. A Phone Line button is lit green when active.
- Adjustment Foot-Stand Knob - The foot-stand is adjustable from flat to 60 degrees to provide optimum display viewing and comfortable use of all buttons and keys.
- Display Button - Indicates when the phone is in power-saving sleep/inactivity mode (button is lit), and can be used to awaken the display.
- Messages Button - Provides direct access to new and saved voice messages, setup message feature, configure greeting and setup personal options.
- Directories Button - Ready access to missed, received or placed calls. Incoming messages are identified and categorized on the display, allowing users to quickly and effectively return calls using direct dial-back capability.
- Settings Button - Allows user to adjust display brightness, select background images (if available), and select ringer sounds through the User Preference menu.
- Services Button - Provides access to Campus Safety Advisories, RSS Feeds and Weather Forecast.
- Volume Control- Controls the handset, headset, and speakerphone volume (off-hook) and the ringer volume (on-hook).
- Speaker Button - Speaker button toggles speaker on/off. The Speaker button is lit green when active.
- Mute Button - Mute button toggles microphone on/off. The Mute button is lit green when active.
- Headset Button - Headset button toggles headset on/off. The Headset button is lit green when active.
- Help (?) Button - Online Help gives users information about the phone keys, buttons, and features.
- Select Button - After scrolling to and item press the Select button to open a menu, play a ringer item, or access other features as described on the screen.
- Navigation Pad - The Navigation Pad (up, down, left, right) provide a means to scroll through menus and highlight items displayed on the LCD panel.