Access the VPN with AnyConnect
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a secure method of connecting to campus systems (e.g. AppXtender, BOE, Shared Network Drives, or any test system) from a wireless connection on campus, or from a computer located off campus. The VPN is:
- Virtual - Only accessed through an existing internet connection
- Private - Only accessed by you, the authorized user
- Secure - Protected by encryption
AnyConnect is the software EMU uses for virtual private network access. Only you, as an authorized user, can access campus systems through AnyConnect.
- While using the VPN, your computer is a member of the EMU internal network and therefore subject to all the security policies of your on-campus computer. Security policies are accessible for review at the IT website (http://it.emi ch.edu/policy) from the Policies link under About IT.
- EMU reserves the right to scan your computer while connected to the VPN. This would only be necessary if your connection in any way represents a threat to the security or function of EMU.
- The Division of Information Technology reserves the right to restrict VPN access to certain websites and web services in case of network load issues.
- You can not control your on-campus computer with the VPN from a remote location. It does not include remote control software like PC-Anywhere or GotoMyPC.