Eastern Michigan University
University Advising and Career Development Center
Scenarios indicating you are considering a career transition:
- You have been laid off and would like to find a new job in a similar field.
- You have not held paid, full time employment positions for 5 years or more for family priorities or personal reason, and would like to reenter the workforce.
- You are new to the working world, and would like some help in deciding what you'd like to do.
- You have been feeling unhappy, unfulfilled in your current position and would like a safe place to explore other options.
- You have recently retired, but still want to work. You think you'd like to try something new and different.
Advisors are prepared to help individuals who are considering a career change or are simply reviewing possible career options. While we are not a job placement center, we have advisors targeted to specific career fields. Call 734.487.0400 to schedule an appointment.
Finding a job
Access job postings
EagleCareers allows you to search for full-time, part-time, internship and student employment opportunities. Upcoming job fairs, workshops and events are also featured on this site. To access EagleCareers log on to my.emich with your username and password, select the student tab and look for the EagleCareers box on the right side of the page. If you do not have access to my.emich contact our office at 734.487.0400.
Job search videos
Sharpen your job search skills by watching short video clips on a variety of career related topics such as dress for success, interviewing, and networking.
Prepare for you job search
There are several services available to assist you in your job search.
- Practice interviewing for jobs in your field using your webcam - InterviewStream
- Begin building your online professional network using LinkedIn
- Meet with a career advisor for resume reviews, mock interviews and job search strategies
Evaluate job offers and options
Have you been offered a job? Are you considering several options?
- Get salary information for thousands of jobs and locations
- Evaluate a job offer
- If your job offer is out of state there are many things to consider such as cost of living differences, weather, and job outlook. Get specific geographic information at CityRating.com
Upcoming fairs and events
Each year the UACDC hosts a variety of job fairs, workshops and special events to assist you in your career planning and job search. Mark your calendar and plan to join us!
Tell us about your job search success!
EMU wants to hear about your new job acceptance or business opportunity! Please let us know if you are an EMU alumni and have recently accepted a new position of any kind (part-time, full-time, contractor/freelance, volunteer, started new business). Your information will remain confidential and be used for statistical purposes only.
Send your success story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, major, semester and year you graduated.