Eastern Michigan University

University Advising and Career Development Center

Who's my advisor?

Eastern Michigan University operates under the dual advising model.  Academic Advisors in the University Advising and Career Development Center (UACDC) are aligned by college and can assist all students with General Education requirements during their first two years of college, provide referrals to campus resources (based on individual needs) and provide assistance with course selection for undeclared majors.  As part of the dual advising model, students who have declared a major are encouraged to also seek advising from their college/department for major and minor-specific requirements and guidance.

If you are decided on a major, declare your major online. You are then encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor in your academic major department (see the Course Schedule Book table of contents for addresses & phone numbers) or your college advising center.  Please note that students who have declared a major are still welcome to see an advisor in the University Advising & Career Development Center for general education advising.

College Advising Offices:

College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) Francine Parker Advising Center

120 Student Center, 734.487.4599

College of Business (COB) Advising Center

401 Owen, 734.487.2344

College of Education (COE) Advising

(Or go directly to Group Advising Sessions for COE.)

College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) Advising Center

214 Marshall Hall, 734.487.0918

College of Technology (COT) Advising Center

150 Sill Hall, 734.487.8659

Honors College Advising Center

Starkweather Hall, 1st Floor, 734.487.0341

  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linked in
  • Blog EMU
  • EMU app