Eastern Michigan University
University Advising and Career Development Center
UACDC offers many different tools to assist EMU students and alumni in mapping out career goals and/or deciding on a major or minor. Some of the instruments we use include:
- Individual Appointments - All EMU students and alumni are welcome to meet with a career advisor to discuss possible career directions and/or concerns. Sessions are generally a half hour to an hour long and are by appointment only. To schedule an advising session, please call 734.487.0400.
- Type Focus - This online resource looks at personality preferences, values, skills and interests and allows you to relate them all to potential careers and occupations. Request a site password and begin your exploration today!
- O*Net Online The O*NET program is a quick and easy source for information about occupations including a description of daily tasks, skills needed, work values, education and much more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives.
- Virtual Career Advising through Second Life - Meet with career coach "Coinneach Brunswick" a.k.a Ken Meyer during open virtual office hours Fridays from 1:00pm- 5:00pm in SL is at "Caribbean University". For more information contact email@example.com.
- Explore majors at EMU through the online catalog and “What can I do with a Major in?"
Drop in at 200 McKenny Hall and we’ll get started in the exploration process.