Eastern Michigan University
University Advising and Career Development Center
Graduate Assistant Interview Days (GAID)
Friday, March 13, 2015
8:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.
McKenny Hall, 3rd Floor
Event is invite-only
Graduate Assistant Interview Days (GAID) is a one-day program inviting prospective graduate candidates to Eastern Michigan University to interview for assistantships with multiple campus departments. GAID seeks to place highly qualified graduate students in assistantships with campus departments that traditionally fall under the umbrella of student affairs related work. While GAID grants no preference to an individual's graduate field of study, hiring departments may focus on candidates entering programs in Higher Education Student Affairs, Higher Education General Administration, College Counseling, or related field. Individuals wishing to participate must have completed all relevant admissions applications, but need not have been accepted at the time of GAID.
GAID is an invite-only event. Participants will be invited only if a hiring department requests an interview with that individual.
To view positions use this URL: emich.edu/jobs.
- Feb. 01 – GA applications open
- Feb. 22 – GA applications close
- Feb. 26 – Employer deadline for candidate invite list
- Feb. 27 – Candidate invites sent out
- Mar. 06 – Invitee RSVP deadline
- Mar. 13 – GAID 2015
- Mar. 27 – 1st round of offers sent to candidates
- Apr. 15 – Acceptance deadline
- Candidates will demonstrate appropriate interviewing and communication skills.
- Candidates will meet with at least two working professionals at Eastern Michigan University.
- Candidates will gain knowledge of Eastern Michigan University's mission statement and those of the participating departments.
8:00am - Check-in and light breakfast
8:30am - Welcome Session
9:00am to 12:00pm - Interviews
12:00pm - Lunch Break
1:00pm to 2:30pm - Interviews
3:00pm - Program Ends
Parking & Directions
Participants should park in the McKenny Guest Lot. It is conveniently located at the corner of Washtenaw Ave. and Oakwood Street.
Things to Know
- Arrive early with all of your prepared documents (i.e. resume, cover letters, etc.)
- You will be notified of how many interviews you will have prior to the event.
- Plan to bring 2-3 copies of your documents for each interview.
- Professional attire is highly encouraged. Dress for the job!
- Research the department's goals and mission statements.
- Be yourself – smile!
- Richard Nunn (Primary Contact)
- Elizabeth Broughton (Secondary Contact)
- Sarah Kersey Otto (Secondary Contact)