Flu Vaccine Clinics
University Health Services (UHS) is offering more flu vaccination clinics to allow students, faculty, and staff to stay protected. The Snow pharmacy is a Blue Cross/Blue Shield in-network provider for flu vaccinations. This means that EMU employees with BCBS coverage can get these vaccinations for FREE. (Important – You must bring your insurance card with you when you come to get vaccinated.)
Students on the EMU student health insurance plan and those with BCBS coverage can get the vaccine for FREE by presenting their insurance card. Other students may also receive a flu vaccination at no charge through support by a grant to UHS.
The cost is $35.00 for those not covered by the plans above. For information or questions call University Health Services at 734.487.1122.
It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against influenza virus infection. It's better to get vaccinated early in the fall, before the flu season really gets under way.
To be sure of availability, make sure to come to one of our Flu Vaccine Clinics! The Clinics will be held in room 202 in Snow Health Center.
Flu Vaccine Facts
- The worst side effect you are likely to get from the flu shot is a sore arm.
- The risk of severe allergic reaction (which we screen for) is one in 4 million people.
- The risk of getting the flu is one in five people.
The flu vaccine is $35, and payment is expected at time of service. However, if you have Student Insurance, the vaccine is FREE for you!
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash, or credit (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card)
- Enrolled students can have the charge placed on their e-bill
- Faculty/Staff may use payroll deduction
- EMU employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will receive the vaccine at no charge as long as you bring your insurance card