* PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will be performed on Friday, October 19, from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month's maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:Banner
- My.emich (including self-service faculty, student and employee tabs)
- Library Intranet
- EMS (Events)
- Clean Address
- Resource 25
- Service Desk Express
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
- EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
- Online Hiring System ( www.emujobs.com )
- EagleMail (mail.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate.
Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
CYBER SECURITY TIP OF THE DAY: October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. For more cyber security awareness tips and information, go to SANS Security Awareness Tip of the Day. Today's tip.
- Watch out for shoulder surfers who read over your shoulder or try to steal your password. If you have your back to the door or an open cubical wall, get a rear view mirror to stick up and watch behind you when you're typing. When you're in a public place, such as an Internet cafe, always try to sit with your back to a wall to prevent onlookers. Glass walls don't count — thieves can look right through them!
UNITED WAY PLEDGE DRIVE: EMU has a great tradition of supporting this community and United Way is a part of that tradition. Please help us reach this year's goal of $100,000. There are six focus areas the campaign helps: early childhood care and education, school-aged youth, hunger relief, homelessness and housing, senior assistance and safety-net health. There are 3 ways you can make a donation:
- Express Link: http://uwwc.unitedwayepledge.org/epledge/emuquick
- Traditional Link: http://uwwc.unitedwayepledge.org/. User ID is your emich email address, password is "liveunited." Then, you will be asked to change your password.
- Paper donations are also an option. Please see your United Way department representative or contact this year's chair, Kevin Kucera, associate VP of enrollment management, or Linda Moore, coordinator at 487-8892 or email at email@example.com.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: To submit an announcement or post an event to EMU TODAY, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry using the EMU TODAY style and include a contact name, phone number and/or an e-mail address. Please note - EMU TODAY is sent to faculty and staff (not students). For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: Asterisk denote new items.