Activities and Events
WORLD AIDS AWARENESS WEEK AT EMU: Student Government is hosting World AIDS Awareness Week "Light the Fight" with events starting Saturday, December 1 through Friday, December 7. State Representative Rutledge will be attending the kick-off event, along with many other community members and special guests. Below is the schedule of events for the week:
Saturday, December 1:
- Light the Fight Kick-Off: 6 - 6:30 p.m., at the Student Center Auditorium
- Lighting Vigil: 6:30 - 7 p.m., Ypsilanti Water Tower
- Light the Fight Exhibition: 7 - 9 p.m., Student Center Auditorium
Monday, December 3:
- Memoirs of an AIDS Combatant: 6 - 8 p.m., Room 310B, in the Student Center
Tuesday, December 4:
- Endgame: AIDS in Black America Documentary: 7 - 9 p.m., Ballroom A, in the Student Center
Wednesday, December 5:
- Eat & Defeat: Dine and Donate for HIV/AIDS: 5 - 10 p.m., Tower Inn Pizzeria
Thursday, December 6:
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil: AIDS in our Community Panel Discussion: 7 - 9 p.m., Room 330, in the Student Center
Friday, December 7:
- Hoop for Hope Basketball Tournament: 6 - 9 p.m., at the REC/IM. Teams of 5 with 2 substitutes are $35.
HIV cases are increasing amongst youth ages 24 and under - 38% in Washtenaw County this year. Suppress the stigma, spread the word and get tested. Help us "Light the Fight." For more information, please contact Megan Cary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EASTERN EATERIES STEAK & EGG BREAKFAST: Please join the Eastern Eateries for their traditional holiday event on Wednesday, December 5, from 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. Featuring New York strip steak, roasted redskin potatoes, scrambled eggs, Belgian waffles, French toast, fruit and toppings and hot cocoa - just $7.10. For questions, call 487-3190 or go to the Dining Services homepage or visit their FACEBOOK PAGE.
RETIREMENT CELEBRATION FOR NICK BLANCHARD: The campus community is welcome to attend Nick Blanchard's retirement celebration on Wednesday, December 5, from 3 - 4:30 p.m., in Room 217 of the College of Business. Please join us in celebrating Nick's 33 years of service to EMU. There will be light refreshments provided. For any questions, please contact the Management Department at 487-3240.
RETIREMENT PARTY FOR DONALD BENNION: All are invited to attend the retirement party for Donald Bennion's, Wednesday December 5, from 4 - 6 p.m., in 300 A/D Porter Building. Light refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP by Friday, November 30 via email to Sheri Hillman at email@example.com or by phone at 487-2732.
HONORING DENNIS BEAGEN: The campus community is invited to a retirement party on Tuesday, December 11, beginning at 4 p.m., in Sponberg Theatre to honor Dennis Beagen for his 45 years of incredible service to the University and the Department of Communication, Media & Theatre Arts. A short program with a musical review of his years at EMU will begin at 4 p.m. in the Sponberg Theatre (please enter the Sponberg from the south side of Quirk). An open house will follow from 4:20 - 5:30 p.m. in the lobby of Quirk. For more information, contact Wendy Kivi at 487-3198 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.