Conferences & Workshops
NEUROBIOLOGIST CANDIDATES ON CAMPUS: The Biology Department is conducting a search for a Neurobiologist. The following candidate seminars for the Neurobiologist position will be conducted. The campus community is welcome to attend.
- Dr. Jennifer Cummings, from the Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience Program at the University of Michigan will speak about "Neural Basis of Motivation: From a Female Perspective" on Friday, January 18, 12 - 1 p.m., 154 Mark Jefferson Science Complex.
- Dr. Katherine Skaggs, from the Department of Neurology at the University of Michigan, will speak about "A Brain That Heals Itself: Neurogenesis and Regeneration in Response to Brain Injury in Zebrafish" on Wednesday, January 23, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., 154 Mark Jefferson Science Complex.
- Dr. Susan Klinedinst, from the Department of Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology at the University of Michigan will talk about "The Wallenda Kinase Regulates Synaptic Structure, Injury Signaling and Axonal Transport Through Independent Pathways" on Friday, January 25, 12 - 1 p.m., 154 Mark Jefferson Science Complex.
- Dr. Tom Mast, from the Department of Psychology at the University of Michigan will speak about "Thirst Enhances Chorda tympani Salt Responses" on Wednesday, January 30, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., 154 Mark Jefferson Science Complex.
* FACULTY AND STAFF ACADEMIC ADVISOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: The University Advising & Career Development Center is offering a Faculty & Staff Academic Advisor Development Program again this winter semester. The program is designed for faculty and staff that provide undergraduate advising to EMU students. You can sign up for all of the sessions, or sign up for certain modules. The class is scheduled from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. for five consecutive Fridays as follows:
Module 1 - General Advising Information, Friday, January 25
Module 2 - Student Support Services, Friday, February 1
Module 3 - Academic College Sessions - Friday, February 8
Module 4 - Academic College Sessions - Friday, February 15
Module 5 - Transfer Student Advising - Friday, February 22
Space is limited, so please RSVP by contacting Molly Weir at 487-2171 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.