Lectures & Presentations
ASSOCIATE PROVOST & ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT FOR GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH CANDIDATES ON CAMPUS: The campus community is welcome to attend the following open forum for each candidate:
- Dr. David Forde, Associate Dean of Liberal Arts and Life Sciences and Professor of Sociology at the University of North Texas at Dallason on Monday, January 28, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., in room 350, in the Student Center.
* STUDENTS FOR LIFE MEETING: Students for Life will meet on Monday, January 28, at 6:30 p.m., in Room 104 of the Student Center. Chris Gast, Right to Life of Michigan Education/Special Events/Youth Outreach Coordinator will join us to discuss upcoming events and we will make plans for our involvement in the young adult prolife conference at Christ the King in Ann Arbor on March 9. Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend.
* FACULTY RESEARCH BROWN BAG: The Center For Entrepreneurship, in conjunction the Management Department Research Committee will jointly host a faculty research brown bag as part of Sesi Entrepreneurship Conference Week on Wednesday, February 6 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., on the fourth floor in the Dean's Conference Room of the College of Business. This session will include several short research presentations and a idea sharing session. We are asking for your valuable participation. Please let us know if you are interested in presenting research that you are working on or have recently completed. We are seeking (15 minute or less) presentations. Lunch will be provided. Please reply at your earliest convenience so we can appropriately arrange for food. Submit your proposal and RSVP to Paul Nucci at email@example.com. (02/04)
MCNAIR SCHOLARS PROGRAM IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: The McNair Scholars Program is accepting applications until Friday, February 15. Engage in challenging research with a faculty mentor and receive a $2,500 stipend to conduct the research and gain valuable assistance in applying to graduate programs. Applicants must have a minimum 2.85 GPA, low-income and first-generation, or members of an underrepresented group. RSVP to Cindy Rodrigues at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-8240. To learn more, give us a call or come to one of the group information meetings listed below:
- Thursday, January 31, 6:30 p.m.,Wise Hall, 1st Floor
- Tuesday, February 5, 11 a.m., Wise Hall, 1st Floor
- Wednesday, February 6, 12 p.m., Wise Hall, 1st Floor
- Monday, February 11, 8:30 p.m., Wise Hall, 1st Floor
GRADUATE COUNCIL MEETINGS: Graduate Council meetings will be held during the following dates from 2:15 - 4 p.m., in Room 203, Marshall. Contact Susan Anderson at 487-0042 or email at email@example.com with questions.
- Friday, February 15
- Friday, March 15
- Friday, April 12
EMU FOUNDATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING: The Eastern Michigan University Foundation Board of Trustees will meet Friday, February 15, at 1:00 p.m., in Room 310AB, in the Student Center. The public is welcome to attend. For information, call Maria Cyars, 481-2304 or email at mcyars@emichedu.
BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its first meeting in 2013 on Tuesday, February 19 in Room 201, Welch Hall. For additional information, go to the Board of Regents homepage or contact Vicki Reaume at 487-2410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Meeting times will be announced at a later date.