Lectures & Presentations
* "LIVING THE DREAM" PRESENTATION: The Office of Nutrition Services presents Tracy Boggs, RD on Tuesday, January 29, at 6:30 p.m., in the Halle Library Auditorium. Boggs is an Eastern dietetics graduate who has worked as a dietitian in food service, long term care, WIC, and sales. She is now the National Sales Director and Corporate Dietitian for JTM Food Group. Boggs will talk about her career path that led to her to "living the dream." This event is open to students, faculty, and staff. For more information, contact 487-6572 or email@example.com.
FACULTY RESEARCH BROWN BAG: The Center For Entrepreneurship, in conjunction the Management Department Research Committee will jointly host a faculty research brown bag as part of Sesi Entrepreneurship Conference Week on Wednesday, February 6 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., on the fourth floor in the Dean's Conference Room of the College of Business. This session will include several short research presentations and a idea sharing session. We are asking for your valuable participation. Please let us know if you are interested in presenting research that you are working on or have recently completed. We are seeking (15 minute or less) presentations. Lunch will be provided. Please reply at your earliest convenience so we can appropriately arrange for food. Submit your proposal and RSVP to Paul Nucci at firstname.lastname@example.org. (02/04)
MCNAIR SCHOLARS PROGRAM IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: The McNair Scholars Program is accepting applications until Friday, February 15. Engage in challenging research with a faculty mentor and receive a $2,500 stipend to conduct the research and gain valuable assistance in applying to graduate programs. Applicants must have a minimum 2.85 GPA, low-income and first-generation, or members of an underrepresented group. RSVP to Cindy Rodrigues at email@example.com or call 487-8240. To learn more, give us a call or come to one of the group information meetings listed below:
- Thursday, January 31, 6:30 p.m.,Wise Hall, 1st Floor
- Tuesday, February 5, 11 a.m., Wise Hall, 1st Floor
- Wednesday, February 6, 12 p.m., Wise Hall, 1st Floor
- Monday, February 11, 8:30 p.m., Wise Hall, 1st Floor
GRADUATE COUNCIL MEETINGS: Graduate Council meetings will be held during the following dates from 2:15 - 4 p.m., in Room 203, Marshall. Contact Susan Anderson at 487-0042 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Friday, February 15
- Friday, March 15
- Friday, April 12
EMU FOUNDATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING: The Eastern Michigan University Foundation Board of Trustees will meet Friday, February 15, at 1:00 p.m., in Room 310AB, in the Student Center. The public is welcome to attend. For information, call Maria Cyars, 481-2304 or email at mcyars@emichedu.
BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its first meeting in 2013 on Tuesday, February 19 in Room 201, Welch Hall. For additional information, go to the Board of Regents homepage or contact Vicki Reaume at 487-2410 or email email@example.com. Meeting times will be announced at a later date.