ANNUAL GRADUATE STUDENT ART EXHIBITION: The campus community is invited to attend this all-media exhibition featuring the works of current MFA and MA students at Eastern in the Ford Gallery now through Friday, March 15. To learn more, go to Annual Student Exhibition.
FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATION: Do you need your income taxes prepared? Let IRS certified EMU students from the Accounting Club and Beta Alpha Psi help you for FREE. This Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) provides tax preparation to students and taxpayers with a total annual income of $51,000 or less. Tax preparations will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis. Location and dates are as follows:
Saturday, March 16 and March 23, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., in room 227 & 228, in the College of Business.
Saturday, April 6 and April 13, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., in room 320, in the Student Center.
You will need to bring the following items:
- A picture ID with birth date
- Social Security card(s) for all people being claimed by you, or a Social Security number verification letter issued by Social Security Administration for all people being claimed by you or an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) assignment letter(s)
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers, 1098-T (for students)
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns (if available)
- Proof of bank account routing & account number (such as a blank check) for direct deposit (if desired)
- Total paid for daycare and the provider's business employer identification number or the provider's social security number
STIGMA AND FEAR MUST END NOW: Many people in the community suffer from mental health illnesses and have thoughts of suicide. While these topics are tough to talk about, it is very important that they be addressed with honesty and openness throughout our campus community. S.A.F.E. (Stigma And Fear End) NOW is a new mental health awareness and suicide prevention campaign aimed to educate the EMU campus community on these topics and to help break down the stigmas that prevent us from addressing these topics fearlessly. Please join them in spreading the awareness and helping others by promoting and attending S.A.F.E. NOW's Winter Series for 2013. For a complete list of the week's events, please visit (and "like") the S.A.F.E. NOW Facebook Page or go to S.A.F.E. NOW Blog. If you would like to volunteer or have any questions, please contact Bryan Michalowski by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 734-395-3202.
MAGIC PROGRAM SEEKS FACULTY & STAFF MENTORS: Mentorship Access and Guidance In College (MAGIC) is seeking mentors to support foster care alumni who are attending EMU. MAGIC is searching for caring and committed EMU faculty and staff members who are interested in a becoming a mentor to students participants. Mentoring with the MAGIC program will provide an excellent opportunity for community service and engaging with EMU students. Potential mentors should be able to:
- complete the MAGIC mentorship training
- commit to 6 months of mentorship
- be able to spend 4 hours per month with their mentee
- pass a criminal background check
Interested applicants should complete a MAGIC mentor application which can be found on our website at MAGIC homepage. Contact the MAGIC staff with any questions at 487-0899 or email at email@example.com.
DEPARTMENT DIRECTORY UPDATES: If your Department Directory listing is not accurate, please send the updated information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact Debra Burke at 487-6895 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please note that personal directory listings are populated by Banner and you will need to contact Academic HR or Staff HR to update personal listings.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU website, click "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. If you need help or have questions, please contact Debra Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-2484. All events are subject to approval.