BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its June board meeting on Tuesday, June 18, at 1:30 p.m., in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings are in Welch Hall.
- Educational Policies: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 205
- Athletic Affairs: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 201
- Student Affairs: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m., Room 201
- Finance, Audit and Investment: 11:30 - 12:15 p.m., Room 201
EMU DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY REMINDERS: For questions pertaining to crime prevention, please contact Police Officer Candace Dorsey, Crime Prevention Coordinator at 487-0987 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Crime Prevention office is located within the EMU Police Department at 1200 Oakwood Street. For emergencies, call 911. For all other calls, or to report an incident, please call 487-1222. To leave a message on the anonymous tip hot-line, call 487-4847. General questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
REQUIRED EMPLOYMENT PROCESS TRAINING SESSIONS: The Human Resource units on campus have made changes to the processes involving how employees are hired, paid and/or entered into Banner which will become effective July 1, 2013. The changes are necessary in order for us to properly monitor hours worked (in accordance with the Affordable Care Act) as well as to be in compliance with the newest version of the Form I-9 (eligibility to work form).
All of the Human Resource units have come together to roll out changes at the same time - as well as to provide support and training for everyone involved. Please plan to attend one of the following information sessions if you have responsibilities which involve the hiring (or originating ePAFs) OR approving hires/ePAFs of: student employees, Graduate Assistants (GAs, GIs, GSs, etc.), staff, employee consultants, or independent contractors:
- Wednesday, June 26, 1:30 - 3 p.m., in the Halle Auditorium
It is our desire to disseminate necessary process changes as efficiently as possible and we sincerely appreciate your assistance and support in this matter. Should you have questions prior to the information sessions, please contact Sam Buttigieg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Crystal Walrath (email@example.com).
TRAINING SESSIONS ON PRIVACY ISSUES: To ensure that Eastern and its faculty and staff are in compliance/legal and regulatory requirement related to privacy issues, a new training session has been developed by the Office of Business and Finance. The privacy training is mandatory for all faculty and staff. Below are the dates for the upcoming sessions. The sessions will be available online at a later date.
- Monday, June 17, 1 p.m., Halle Auditorium
- Friday, June 21, 9 a.m., Hall Auditorium
If you have any questions, contact Andrea Jaeckel at 487-3328.
SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING SESSION: Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will be conducting a safety awareness and hazard communication training session today, June 14, 1 - 2:30 p.m., in room 302 Halle Library. This is required for all EMU employees who have not yet taken this training and for those who may need a refresher. It is open to all employees and student employees, and provides information on the safety systems, practices and expectations to maintain a safe campus community. To register, contact EHS at 487-0794 or email at environmental_health firstname.lastname@example.org.
KATHY ORSCHELN RETIRES: After 35 years of service, Kathy Orscheln will retire from EMU. The EMU community is invited to retirement celebration today, June 14, 1 - 3 p.m., in the Carillon Room in Halle Library.
DISSERTATION DEFENSE: Patricia Chunn, from the department of leadership and counseling will defend her dissertation on, "African American Parent Networks in Suburban Schools: Impact on Parental Involvement and Engagement," today, June 14, 2 - 4 p.m., room 301B/C, Porter.
PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will be performed tonight, June 14, 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month's maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
- Banner Self-Service (faculty, student and employee tabs in my.emich)
- Clean Address
- IT Custom Web Applications (it.emich.edu)
- Resource 25
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
- EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
- Online Hiring System ( www.emujobs.com )
- EagleMail (mail.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or email@example.com if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
* FUNDRAISER CONCERT TO HELP EMU STUDENTS: The EMU campus community is invited to EMPOWERFEST, a fundraising event tonight, June 14, from 7 - 11 p.m., at The B-Side, located at 310 E. Washington in Ann Arbor. Empowerfest will help raise money to send a group of EMU students to El Salvador this summer and to buy school and sports supplies for Salvadoran children. The students will be working with the SHARE Foundation, a grassroots organization based in El Salvador, which runs a number of community projects. Featuring local musicians Neenuh (https://www.facebook.com/neenuh27, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TET5wzrWVB8), Wake up Jamie (https://www.facebook.com/wakeupjamie), Paint (http://paintband.bandcamp.com/) and TIGERLANCE (https://www.facebook.com/pages/TIGERLANCE/233981013404610?ref=ts&fref=ts, https://soundcloud.com/tigerlance-1). Tickets will be sold at the door and are $10 or $7 with student ID.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.
DEPARTMENT DIRECTORY UPDATES: If your Department Directory listing is not accurate, please send the updated information to: email@example.com. For questions, contact Debra Burke at 487-6895 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that personal directory listings are populated by Banner and you will need to contact Academic HR or Staff HR to update personal listings.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU website, click "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. If you need help or have questions, please contact Debra Johnson at email@example.com or call 487-2484. All events are subject to approval.