* REQUIRED MIOSHA TRAINING FOR EMU EMPLOYEES: MIOSHA has updated the Hazard Communication Standard (Employees Right to Know) by adopting the Global Harmonization System. These changes to the standard require all employees to receive updated training by the December 1, 2013 deadline. All training sessions will be in room 300 in Halle. The July training schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, July 11, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16, 5 - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 24, 6 - 7 a.m.
Additional training sessions will be offered through November. If you would like to schedule a training session for your department, please contact Envirionmental Health & Safety (EAS) at 487-0794 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EHS will work with departments to ensure all EMU employees are trained by the deadline.
2012-2013 PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS ARE DUE AUGUST 31: It's time to finalize your 2013 performance evaluations that cover the period from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. The performance management process for AP, PT, AH, AC, CC, CS, CP, and PS employees must be completed and all documents on file with Human Resources by Saturday, August 31.
AP, PT, AH, CC, CS, AC Only:
All performance evaluations are to be completed using the online SuccessFactors system. Instructions can be found at the following link:
Access to SuccessFactors is achieved via the Employee tab of your my.emich portal. Log in to my.emich, click the Employee tab, and the link is located in the right-hand column under the Training and Development logo. Instructor led training is being offered to the campus. Registration is required prior to training attendance and can be completed at the SurveyMonkey link listed below the training dates.
All of training sessions will be held in room 100 of McKenny Hall, Training Suite.
- Thursday, July 18, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 24, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 30, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 1, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 6, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 8, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 15, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 21, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 28, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
To register for a training session follow the link below or copy the link into your web browser.
Additional training sessions will be created if needed, and a subsequent announcement will be emailed. Specific questions may be directed to Anita Schnars, Director Training and Organizational Development at email@example.com or Allison Gordon, TOD Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYMENT PROCESS TRAINING SESSIONS: The Human Resource units on campus have made changes to the processes involving how employees are hired, paid and/or entered into Banner (which will become effective July 1, 2013). The changes are necessary in order to properly monitor hours worked (in accordance with the Affordable Care Act) as well as to be in compliance with the newest version of the Form I-9 (eligibility to work form).
All of the Human Resource units have come together to roll out changes at the same time - as well as to provide support and training for everyone involved. If you have responsibilities which involve the hiring (or originating ePAFs) OR approving hires/ePAFs of: student employees, Graduate Assistants (GAs, GIs, GSs, etc.), staff, employee consultants, or independent contractors, please plan to attend the information sessions below:
- Monday, July 15, 9 - 10:30 a.m., in the Halle Auditorium
- Wednesday, July 17, 9 - 10:30 a.m., in the Halle Auditorium
DISSERTATION DEFENSE: John Lupinacci, from the Department of Teacher Education will defend his dissertation on, "The Southeast Michigan Stewardship Coalition: A Deep Design of Eco-Democratic Reform that is Situational, Local, and In Support of Living Systems," today, July 10, 1 p.m., room 214 Porter.
GOODBYE CELEBRATION FOR MELISSA GINOTTI: Help Campus Life say goodbye to Melissa Ginotti before her move to California. We will be gathering at Frenchie's (54 E. Cross Street, Ypsilanti) today, July 10, 4:30 p.m. Please refer any question to Gregg Costanzo at email@example.com or online at https://www.facebook.com/events/373622619404109/.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.