* EMU ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE REPORTING HOTLINE: The Ethics and Compliance Reporting Hotline is active and available to faculty and staff. Established by the Board of Regents in January 2007, the Hotline includes a toll-free telephone number and website where individuals can report, anonymously if they choose, an ethical or compliance-related issue involving any Eastern employee. The Hotline is operated by Global Compliance, a leading global provider of comprehensive, integrated compliance solutions. The toll-free number and website are available 24/7, 365 days a year. The toll-free number is 866.213.4862. The website can be accessed at Compliance Helpline.
SALE AT THE EMU BOOKSTORE: Mark your calendars! There will be a sale at the EMU Campus Bookstore starting on Thursday, Feb. 20 through Friday, Feb. 21. For more information, please call the bookstore at 483-2850 or email Kevin McKay at email@example.com or visit www.emichshop.com.
SUMMER 2014 TUITION WAIVER DEADLINE: The deadline for submitting tuition waivers for Summer 2014 Tuition Waiver is Wednesday, May 14. All tuition waivers must be submitted to the Benefits Office, 140 McKenny Hall or you can also fax your waiver to 487-4389. Tuition waivers submitted after the due date, will not be approved. For questions, please contact Helene LaGrow at 487-3195 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPGRADES TO THE EMU WEBSITE: Several enhancements have been made to the EMU website at www.emich.edu by the Integrated Content team. Links for Eaglemail, myemich, calendars, maps & directions, parents and faculty/staff can now be found in the Quick Links box located at the top of the EMU home page. To read more, please go to http://www.emich.edu/univcomm/releases/release.php?id=1392233757.
MIOSHA HAZARD TRAINING SESSIONS: All EMU employees are required to attend one of the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) Hazard Communication training, including the Globally Harmonized System. Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, Feb. 20, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m., Halle Auditorium
- Monday, Feb. 24, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Halle Auditorium
To register, go to email@example.com or call 487-0794.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Tuesday, Mar. 11, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Mar. 12, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, Apr. 14, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Apr. 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, May 14, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Thursday, May 15, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, June 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, June 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-0794.
BROWN BAG SERIES: THE ENDANGERED SPECIES WITHIN INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS: The Women's Resource will hold a campus forum today, Feb. 19, 12 - 1 p.m., in room 300, Halle Library. During this session, Cheyenne Luzynski, former intercollegiate athletic director, will be informative and thought-provoking on the reality of women in athletics. Join in a conversation about key insights into barriers and pathways for women seeking leadership in athletics. There will be an opportunity for questions and answers. If you have any questions, please contact Ellen Collier at email@example.com.
LUNCH AND LEARN SESSION: EMU Human Resources is pleased to offer "Do One Thing: Emergency Preparedness for the Whole Community" Lunch and Learn session today, Feb. 19, 12 - 2 p.m., room 100, McKenny Hall HR Training Suite. Register at SurveyMonkey! If you have any questions, please contact Allison Gordon 487-7171 email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL CONVERSATION CLUB: The International Student Resource Center will meet today, Feb. 19, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 - 4:45 p.m., in room 318 King Hall. Please encourage your international and domestic students to attend to learn about various cultural views and practices. Faculty and staff are welcome to attend. Please contact email@example.com with questions. This event is LBC approved.
EMU BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT WELCOMES GUEST SPEAKER: The Biology Department is pleased to welcome Shannon McCauley, assistant professor at the University of Toronto Mississauga today, Feb. 19, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., room 154, Mark Jefferson Science Complex. McCauley will talk on the "Effects of Local and Regional Processes in Freshwater Metacommunities." LBC approved. For questions, please contact Judy Pokrywki 487-4242 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TAKES ON TOLEDO: Show your TRUEMU support tonight, Feb. 19, at7 p.m., at the Convocation Center as the Women's Basketball team plays against Toledo. For the complete schedule, please visit the Women's Basketball homepage.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.