BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its March 2014 board meeting on Tuesday, Mar. 25, at 1:30 p.m., in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings are in Welch Hall.
- Athletic Affairs: 8:30 - 9:15 a.m., Room 201
- Educational Policies: 8:30 - 9:15 a.m., Room 205
- Faculty Affairs: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m., Room 205
- Finance and Investment: 11:30 - 12:15 p.m., Room 201
* OPEN FORUMS FOR FINAL CANDIDATES: There are three final candidates for the position of Assistant Director of the Community College Relations Office. Members of the campus community are invited to listen to each candidate give a 10 minute presentation followed by a short question and answer period in room 247, McKenny Hall. The sessions will be as follows:
- Tuesday, Mar. 4 at 2:15 p.m. - Katherine Giardello
- Tuesday, Mar. 4 at 4:15 p.m. - Erin Busscher
- Wednesday, Mar. 5 at 2:15 p.m. - Thomas Kasper
If you have any questions, please contact Molly Weir at email@example.com.
BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT WINTER BREAK OFFICE HOURS: The Biology Department Winter Break office hours will be Thursday, Feb. 27 through Friday, Feb. 27 - 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have any questions or need help, you can contact the Dean's office at 487-4344 or go to 214 Pray-Harrold.
STUDENTS WANTED FOR PHONATHON FOR EMU FOUNDATION: Are you looking to make a little extra cash? Do you enjoy talking on the phone? We are looking for outgoing, friendly, TRUEMU students with excellent communication skills to join the Phonathon this spring to help the EMU Foundation connect with alumni and friends while raising needed funds to support Eastern Michigan University. Flexible night and weekend shifts available and training is provided. Shifts available Saturday, Mar. 22 through Thursday, Apr. 17. Apply online at: www.phonathon.com. Please used Entry Code: EMU14S
EMU ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE REPORTING HOTLINE: The Ethics and Compliance Reporting Hotline is active and available to faculty and staff. Established by the Board of Regents in January 2007, the Hotline includes a toll-free telephone number and website where individuals can report, anonymously if they choose, an ethical or compliance-related issue involving any Eastern employee. The Hotline is operated by Global Compliance, a leading global provider of comprehensive, integrated compliance solutions. The toll-free number and website are available 24/7, 365 days a year. The toll-free number is 866-213-4862. The website can be accessed at Compliance Helpline.
EMU PUBLIC SAFETY TIPS AND REMINDERS: The EMU Police Department facilitates a variety of community service programs focused on safety awareness for our residential halls, classrooms and campus. These include crime prevention seminars, and training sessions and programs on sexual assault and alcohol awareness for faculty, staff and students.
EMU Police use high visibility foot patrols, mobile patrols, bicycle patrols and an extensive video monitoring system to help deter crime. It is important to report crimes or suspicious activities immediately -- police have a better opportunity to apprehend suspects and solve crimes. Please review the information below and report any crimes or any suspicious activities. Reporting a crime or suspicious activity can be done anonymously.
- To report an incident, or information anonymously, please call 487-4847 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call Crime Stoppers at (800) SPEAKUP (800) 773-2587 or email at www.1800speakup.org or visit the Crime Stoppers homepage.
- For more information on public safety, please visit the EMU Public Safety Tips homepage.
- EMU publishes a Daily Crime Log of all crimes reported to the EMU Department of Public Safety. This information can be viewed at EMU Daily Crime Log homepage. EMU also publishes the Daily Crime Log for the City of Ypsilanti.
- Online, real-time crime mapping covering EMU and the City of Ypsilanti is available at: http://geodata.acad.emich.edu/Crime/Main.htm.
Telephone numbers and email accounts listed above are set-up specifically for those who wish to report a crime or information related to a crime. Your identity will remain anonymous.
For questions pertaining to EMU Safety Tips or crime prevention, please contact Police Officer Candace Dorsey, Crime Prevention Coordinator at 487-0987 or by email at email@example.com. The Crime Prevention office is located within the EMU Police Department at 1200 Oakwood Street. Police Dispatch at 487-1222. For emergencies, call 911.
LUNCH AND LEARN SESSION: EMU Human Resources is pleased to offer "Coaching for Success" Lunch and Learn session today, Feb. 27, 12 - 2 p.m., room 100, McKenny Hall HR Training Suite. This workshop will explore a definition of coaching, as well as the benefits and misconceptions about the art of coaching. Facilitators: James Gallaher, chief human resources officer and Anita Schnars, director, Training and Organizational Development. Register through SurveyMonkey! If you have any questions, please contact Allison Gordon 487-7171 email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.