HOMECOMING WEEK OF EVENTS: Below are the events featured today as part of homecoming week. For the complete list of all the events on campus, go to Homecoming Week of Events.
- TRUEMU Alumni Happy Hour - today, October 4, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., at the Corner Brewery. Connect with old friends and make new ones as we gather to celebrate Homecoming 2012. Bring your business cards to share and to enter to win some EMU swag. Appetizers will be provided. Sponsored by the Office for Alumni Relations.
- TRUEMU Homecoming Block Party - tonight, October 4, 6 - 8 p.m., Student Center Patio. Collect FREE discounts and giveaways from participating Ypsilanti-area businesses in the Eagle Discount Card Program. Show your EMU identification card and save at these and other Ypsilanti-area businesses year round. Enter contests, play Spin to Win, and walk steps away to the Homecoming Pep Rally (see below) near the Lake House to show your school spirit immediately after this event. Sponsored by the EMU Marketing Team.
- TRUEMU Homecoming Pep Rally - tonight, October 4, 8 - 9:30 p.m., University Park. A longstanding EMU tradition show your TRUEMU spirit at the annual Homecoming Pep Rally. EMU Marching Band, giveaways and prizes. Support your team and find out who the Homecoming king and queen finalists are. Rain location is Bowen Fieldhouse. Sponsored by EMU Athletics.
CYBER SECURITY TIP OF THE DAY: October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. For more cyber security awareness tips and information, go to SANS Security Awareness Tip of the Day. Today's tip:
- Running antivirus software does not slow your computer down nearly as much as a virus does.
- Backing up your data may seem like a waste of time - er, until you spill coffee on your laptop.
WIP GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE OCT. 7: Women in Philanthropy at EMU is accepting grant applications through Sunday, Oct. 7 for the 2012 grant year. Applications must be submitted by using the online template found on the WIP-EMU grant guidelines homepage website. For further assistance, call Laura Thomas of the EMU Foundation at 481-2323.
RECYCLING AT EMU: Are you confused about recycling at EMU? Get more information online at http://www.emich.edu/physplant/recycling.html, including how to recycle, recycling statistics, and acceptable materials. Need to find a recycling location? Visit http://livemap.emich.edu/campuslife/, select 'Amenities,' and click on 'Recycling.' Locations can be found throughout campus. If you have additional questions, contact Steven Moore at 487-3439.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: To submit an announcement or post an event to EMU TODAY, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry using the EMU TODAY style and include a contact name, phone number and/or an e-mail address. Please note - EMU TODAY is sent to faculty and staff (not students). For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: Asterisk denote new items.