FORUM ON STATEWIDE BALLOT INITIATIVES: Below is the schedule for this informative event, which will take place on campus in the Halle Library Auditorium. The forum will last approximately 50 minutes and representatives of the "vote yes" and "vote no" campaigns will address the audience and answer questions. Each forum will be moderated by Leigh Greden, EMU's executive director of government and community relations. Students may earn Learning Beyond The Classroom (LBC) credit for attending at least two of forums.
Wednesday, October 10
5:30 p.m.: Proposal 5 (require 2/3 vote by legislature to raise taxes)
6:30 p.m.: Proposal 4 (establish Michigan Quality Home Care Council and provide collective bargaining)
Please contact Leigh Greden at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional information.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD AND BLUE CARE NETWORK EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS AND OPEN ENROLLMENT SCHEDULE: Starting January 1, 2013, health care options for several employee groups will be modified and expanded. An education session with BCBS to inform Administrative Professional (AP), Administrative Hourly (AH), Athletics Coaches (AC), Campus Police (CP), Clerical Secretarial (CS), Confidential Clericals (CC), and Faculty (FA) about their new health care options will be held Wednesday, October 10, from 9 - 11:30 a.m. and again at 1 - 3:30 p.m., in the Welch Hall Regents board room. Open enrollment for the new health care options will take place October 15 - November 2, 2012.
This session will cover the new health care plans during one extended session. The primary focus of this will include:
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligible PPO
- Blue Care Network (BCN) HMO
- BCBS Pharmacy Initiatives
Information regarding additional education and Q & A sessions and open enrollment is forthcoming. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Benefits Office at 487-3195 or email at email@example.com.
UNITED WAY PLEDGE DRIVE: EMU has a great tradition of supporting this community and United Way is a part of that tradition. Please help us reach this year's goal of $100,000. There are six focus areas the campaign helps: early childhood care and education, school-aged youth, hunger relief, homelessness and housing, senior assistance and safety-net health. There are 3 ways you can make a donation:
- Express Link: http://uwwc.unitedwayepledge.org/epledge/emuquick
- Traditional Link: http://uwwc.unitedwayepledge.org/. User ID is your emich email address, password is "liveunited." Then, you will be asked to change your password.
- Paper donations are also an option. Please see your United Way department representative or contact this year's chair, Kevin Kucera, associate VP of enrollment management, or Linda Moore, coordinator at 487-8892 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CYBER SECURITY TIP OF THE DAY: October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. For more cyber security awareness tips and information, go to SANS Security Awareness Tip of the Day. Today's tip:
- Be skeptical and trust your instincts. People often post false or misleading information concerning their identities and interests. In some instances, this is done to avoid disclosing personal information. However, there are also people who fabricate information with malicious intent. If you ever feel threatened or uncomfortable with someone you encounter online, take the time to report the incident. Most social networking sites provide several ways to report inappropriate behavior
FORUM ON STATEWIDE BALLOT INITIATIVES: Plan to attend this informative forum tonight, October 9, at 5:30 p.m. and learn more about Proposal 1 (emergency manager law) or at 6:30 p.m., to hear about Proposal 6 (require a public vote before constructing an international bridge), in Halle Library Auditorium. Each forum will last approximately 50 minutes and representatives of the "vote yes" and "vote no" campaigns will address the audience and answer questions. Each forum will be moderated by Leigh Greden, EMU's executive director of government and community relations. Students may earn Learning Beyond The Classroom (LBC) credit for attending at least two of forums. Please contact Leigh Greden at email@example.com if you would like additional information.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: To submit an announcement or post an event to EMU TODAY, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry using the EMU TODAY style and include a contact name, phone number and/or an e-mail address. Please note - EMU TODAY is sent to faculty and staff (not students). For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: Asterisk denote new items.