YEAR-END GIFTS: The end of the year is quickly approaching and The Foundation is asking for your assistance so that they can process year-end gifts in a timely manner. If you have any checks delivered to your office, be sure to include the envelope when sending them to the EMU Foundation for receipting. The IRS requires EMU to prove delivery by December 31, 2012 in order to process a 2012 tax receipt. All gifts that arrive to individual departments during the holidays should be delivered to the EMU Foundation on or before the end of the business day, Monday, January 7, to receive a 2012 tax receipt. Please direct any questions to Cherie Burkheiser, Midge Elkins or Garima Sharma at The Foundation at 484-1322.
* THOUGHTS FROM PRESIDENT MARTIN ON UNITED WAY: Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a community-minded university that has a long-standing relationship with United Way. I am very proud to partner with United Way in improving our community through the support of programs focused on Education, Financial Stability and Health - the building blocks for a good quality life.
As Eastern Michigan continues this year's United Way campaign toward our goal of $100,000, we need your help. Your support can play an important role in improving the lives of those who need our help most and I believe that there is no better way to make a lasting difference in our community than through United Way of Washtenaw County.
- When you give to United Way, your gift stays right here in Washtenaw County and is invested in the programs, partnerships and initiatives critical to our community.
- Your one gift helps more than one person, one family or one charity - it helps build a stronger community for all of us.
- United Way is the collective power of people working together toward long-term solutions, not short-term fixes.
- United Way is focused on results - results that will ensure your gift is making the greatest difference possible.
Whether you are a first-time giver or someone who has supported United Way for many years, your gift is appreciated. Please join me as we help advance United Way's work in our community. EMU will always be a community-minded university!
There are 3 ways you can make a donation:
- Express Link: http://uwwc.unitedwayepledge.org/epledge/emuquick
- Traditional Link: http://uwwc.unitedwayepledge.org/. User ID is your emich email address, password is "liveunited." Then, you will be asked to change your password.
- Paper donations are also an option. Please see your United Way department representative or contact this year's chair, Kevin Kucera, associate VP of enrollment management, or Linda Moore, coordinator at 487-8892 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susan W. Martin
BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its December meeting today, December 6. All meetings will be held in Welch Hall. The day will begin with Committee meetings as follows:
- 9 - 9:45 a.m. - Athletic Affairs Committee, 201 Welch Hall
- 9 - 9:45 a.m. - Educational Policy Committee, 205 Welch Hall
- 10 - 10:45 a.m. - Student Affairs Committee, 201 Welch Hall
- 10 - 10:45 a.m. - Faculty Affairs Committee, 205 Welch Hall
- 11 - 11:45 a.m. - Finance, Audit and Investment Committee, 201 Welch Hall
The regular Board of Regents meeting will begin at 1:00 p.m., Room 201, Welch Hall. For additional information, go to the Board of Regents homepage or contact Vicki Reaume at 487-2410 or email email@example.com.
RETIREMENT RECEPTION FOR REGENTS WILBANK AND SIDLIK: After eight years of service to the Board and the University, Regent Tom Sidlik and Regent Roy Wilbanks are retiring. A reception will be held in their honor today, December 6, immediately following the Board of Regents meeting (at approx. 2:15 p.m.) The reception is open to the entire campus community and will be in 205 Welch Hall.
WHITE AS SNOW, RED AS BLOOD: THE STORY OF SNOW WHITE: EMU Theatre presents a richly warm and mysterious version of the traditional story. White as Snow, Red as Blood: The Story of Snow White will be at Quirk Theatre tonight December 6, at 7 p.m. This production is strongly recommended for audiences ages 8+ as some scenes may be scary for younger audiences. Tickets are $15 regular admission, $12 for students and seniors, $9 for mainstage patrons, and $7 for children ages 8-12, no further discounts apply. Tickets are available by phone at 487-2282, in person at the Convocation Center, the Student Center ticket office or Quirk Box Office. To purchase tickets online visit: www.emutix.com. Please note that there is an additional fee for tickets purchased by phone or online. For more information about EMU Theatre, our season and directions to our theatres visit www.emich.edu/emutheatre or, fan us on Facebook: Eastern Michigan University Theatre, follow us on Twitter: emutheatre or call our office at 478-1220.
PANEL DISCUSSION ON AIDS IN OUR COMMUNITY: Student Government will host a panel discussion "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil: AIDS in our Community," tonight, December 6, from 7 - 9 p.m., in Room 330, in the Student Center.about. HIV cases are increasing amongst youth ages 24 and under - 38% in Washtenaw County this year. Suppress the stigma, spread the word and get tested. For more information, please contact Megan Cary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU website, click "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. If you need help or have questions, please contact Debra Johnson at email@example.com or call 487-2484. All events are subject to approval.
DEPARTMENT DIRECTORY UPDATES: If your Department Directory listing is not accurate, please send the updated information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact Debra Burke at 487-6895 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please note that personal directory listings are populated by Banner and you will need to contact Academic HR or Staff HR to update personal listings.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is a internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.