* TRAINING SESSIONS ON PRIVACY ISSUES: To ensure that Eastern and its faculty and staff are in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy issues, a new training session has been developed by the Office of Business and Finance. The privacy training, which is mandatory for all faculty and staff, is offered on several different dates in an effort to accommodate schedules, and will also be offered in an online format. Faculty and staff can attend either kind of session. Below are the upcoming sessions:
- Tuesday, February 12, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., Halle Auditorium
- Friday, February 15, 10 - 11 a.m., Halle Auditorium
- Monday, February 18, 1 - 2 p.m., Halle Auditorium
- Wednesday, February 27, 11 a.m. - Noon, Halle Auditorium
- Thursday, February 28, 2 - 3 p.m., Halle Auditorium
Based on these sessions, a program will be developed for the on-line HR system called Success Factors, which will be available once developed. If you would like to arrange a training session for your department, please contact Margaret Tsilis at 487-3328. Participation is mandatory to attend one of the training sessions or complete on-line (once developed). No pre-registration is required. Additional dates will be announced. If you have any questions regarding privacy training, please contact Steve LaChance at 487-1490, or Andrea Jaeckel at 487-3328.
* NEED SOMETHING SWEET FOR YOUR VALENTINE?: The Eastern Eateries will bake you a homemade treat! For just $9, choose between a 9" heart-shaped yellow cake with white frosting or a chocolate chip cookie and personalize your gift with a special message. Gluten-free items are available. To place an order, go to The Eateries. Orders must be paid in advance and placed by Sunday, February 10. Pick-up your cake between Feb. 12-14 at Sunset Strips. For more information, visit us on facebook.com/emichdining or call 487-0444.
SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: The EMU Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will be conducting a Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication Training on Friday, February 8, from 1 - 2:30 p.m., in Room 302, in Halle. This is a required training for all EMU employees who have not yet taken this training and those who may need a refresher. It is open to all employees and student employees and provides information on the safety systems, practices and expectations to maintain a safe campus community. To register, call 487-0794 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE GRE AND MCAT MOCK EXAMS: The Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience (CSIE) program will be partnering with the Princeton Review to give FREE full length mock exams for both the GRE & MCAT. The exams will be given on Saturday, February 23, at 10 a.m., in Room G07A and G07B the Halle Library. Space is limited so please tell your students to reserve their seats today. RSVP by Friday, February 22 to email@example.com.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is a internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.