* LIGHT IT UP BLUE SPOTLIGHTS AUTISM AWARENESS: Community members are invited to join EMU students, faculty and staff to celebrate the worldwide "Light It Up Blue" campaign Tuesday, April 2.
Here are four ways to show your support on Tuesday:
- Visit the EMU Student Center from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to learn more about autism, buy a blue bracelet or charm for $1 each, or get your hair chalked blue for $2.
- "Dine and Donate" at the Tower Inn Café on Cross Street from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. for "blue" food and drinks.
- Drop by EMU's Autism Collaborative Center during Family Fun Night from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for refreshments and a chance to enter in a raffle for a $65 gift certificate toward any Autism Collaborative Center service.
- Wear anything blue.
Please visit the Light It Up Blue Homepage for more information on the initiative or contact the ACC-EMU at 487-2890.
* HELP KNOCK CANCER OUT OF THE PARK: Eastern's Women's Softball is pleased to present its annual "Knock Cancer Out of The Park" fundraiser going on now through Friday, April 19. Please visit their Online Auction and check out all the great items up for bid and EMU athletic experiences available in support of a great cause. All proceeds benefit C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.
GET FIT WITH EAGLEFIT: Join EagleFIT for one of their FREE 50-minute group workout sessions and get yourself back in shape. Free for all EMU students, as well as staff and faculty with gym access. The following classes are available:
- Spinning Workout Session - Tuesdays, 7 - 8 p.m., in Court 6 (Spinning Room) at the REC/IM.
- Group Workout Session - Fridays, 5 - 6 p.m., in Room 212 (Utility Gym) at the REC/IM.
WEMU NEEDS VOLUNTEERS FOR SPRING PLEDGE DRIVE: WEMU needs volunteers to answer phones and take pledges during their Spring On-Air Pledge Drive, Thursday, April 4 through Thursday, April 11, in the WEMU studios located on the fourth floor of King Hall. Shifts are a minimum of two hours and run between 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays, 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, and 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday. Lots of great food and beverages donated from area restaurants will be available. Students are eligible for community service credit. Sign up by phone at 487-2229 on online at www.wemu.org.
TRAINING SESSION ON PRIVACY ISSUES: To ensure that Eastern and its faculty and staff are in compliance/legal and regulatory requirement related to privacy issues, a new training session has been developed by the Office of Business and Finance. The privacy training is mandatory for all faculty and staff. The next session will be Monday, April 8, 11 - Noon, Halle Auditorium. Additional dates will be announced. If you have any questions, contact Steve LaChance at 487-1490 or Andrea Jaeckel at 487-3328.
REQUIRED SAFETY AWARENESS, HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will be conducting safety awareness & hazard communication training sessions. This is required for all EMU employees who have not yet taken this training and for those who may need a refresher. It is open to all employees and student employees, and provides information on the safety systems, practices and expectations to maintain a safe campus community. The training session for Friday, April 12 is full but the following dates are still open:
- Friday, May 10, 1- 2:30 p.m., in Room 302, Halle Library
- Friday, June 14, 1- 2:30 p.m., in Room 302, Halle Library
To register, contact EHS at 487-0794 or email at email@example.com.
GROUP PHOTO TODAY FOR PARTICIPANTS WEARING BLUE SHIRTS FOR AUTISM: The Autism Collaborative Center at EMU invites all student and faculty members who are participating in Autism Awareness Day today, April 2 to stop by the Student Center for a group photo at 12 p.m. Also stop their booth between 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a free giveaway.
CAREERS IN AGING PANEL DISCUSSION: Faculty, staff and students are invited a "Careers in Aging" panel discussion today, April 2, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m., in room 300, Halle Library to learn about careers in aging. Learn more about the career paths these 6 professionals took to reach their current positions, what they enjoy most about their work, and what they find most challenging. A Career Services representative from the EMU University Advising & Career Development Center (UACDC) will also be present to talk about services. A question and answer period will follow. For more information, please contact Andrea Zakrajsek at Andrea.Zakrajsek@emich.edu.
SUBMISSIONS TO EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is a internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.
DEPARTMENT DIRECTORY UPDATES: If your Department Directory listing is not accurate, please send the updated information to: email@example.com. For questions, contact Debra Burke at 487-6895 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that personal directory listings are populated by Banner and you will need to contact Academic HR or Staff HR to update personal listings.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU website, click "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. If you need help or have questions, please contact Debra Johnson at email@example.com or call 487-2484. All events are subject to approval.