MU DPS ISSUES CAMPUS SAFETY REMINDERS: Below are suggested ways to deter/prevent theft from campus facilities.
To deter theft:
- Do not leave valuables unattended or in plain site at campus office locations, this includes car keys, cell phones, wallets, purses, laptop computers, etc.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view in your motor vehicles, this includes purses, back packs, and cloth/leather bags.
- Make sure all doors and windows in motor vehicles are locked at all times.
- Make sure office doors are locked when unoccupied. This includes when a person leaves the office area for a coffee break, a walk down the hall, a visit to another office and other errands that need to be done during open facility hours.
- Properly lock bicycles at designated areas on campus.
- Instruct and encourage student staff personnel to lock office doors at work areas each and every time they leave.
Trust your Instincts:
When experiencing strange or questionable encounters with individuals, report them to the police.
- DO NOT give money or other items requested to solicitors.
- Report all suspicious activities or persons to DPS.
Use SEEUS for escorts to and from and locations on EMU campus during the evening hours. SEEUS is operational 5 days a week during the Summer semester, between 5 - 11 p.m. Call 487-3387 for more information.
Deter Identification Fraud:
- Do not leave personal identification unattended or in plain site (EMU ID, State ID, Photo ID and International ID cards).
For questions pertaining to crime prevention, please contact Police Officer Candace Dorsey, Crime Prevention Coordinator at 487-0987. The Crime Prevention office is located within the EMU Police Department at 1200 Oakwood Street. The office phone number is 487-1222.
Reporting incidents to DPS:
Emergency: 734.487.1222 or 911
Email Tip: email@example.com
THE COMMONS IS OPEN FOR SUMMER SEMESTER: Enjoy the all you care to eat buffet at The Commons between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday - Thursday during the summer! Visit our website at Dining Services homepage, facebook, or call 487-0418.
THE EAGLE CAFE AT HALLE LIBRARY AND PRAY-HARROLD ARE OPEN: The Eagle Cafe at Halle Library and Pray-Harrold are open this summer. Halle Eagle Cafe summer hours are Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Pray-Harrold Eagle Cafe summer hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pray-Harrold Eagle Cafe is closed on Fridays. Please visit us and check out our new salads. The month of May we are offering 9 oz veggie cups w/hummus or ranch, 9 oz tropical fruit cups and our featured salad of the month, Strawberry Fields. Did you know faculty and staff can save time and money with an Advantage Plan? For more information, check out the website at Dining Services homepage, facebook, or call 487-0418.