LUNCH BY THE LAKE WITH PRESIDENT MARTIN: President Susan Martin invites the campus community to enjoy Lunch by the Lake on Tuesday, August 6, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the patio behind the Student Center. The President will sponsor a traditional summer picnic that includes hamburgers, hotdogs, veggie burgers, coleslaw, potato salad, watermelon, cookies and a cold beverage. Lunch is $3. Come on out for a summer chat with your EMU colleagues. Hope to see you there!
* NEW TRAVEL AND EXPENSE SOFTWARE TRAINING SESSIONS: In a continuing effort to move toward paperless processing and enhance business services, EMU has introduced a new travel and expense software from Concur, a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. All EMU Purchasing Card (P-Card) holders, those who travel on behalf of EMU and anyone who assists department personnel with travel, P-Card or reimbursement transactions will be utilizing the new system beginning this October. Informational sessions on the new system are scheduled for the following dates and times. Registration is required. The sessions will be in room 300, Halle Library.
- Thursday, July 25, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 13, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Please visit http://www.emich.edu/training/reg to find scheduled dates for upcoming trainings and click on "View Upcoming Sessions" and then click on "Concur Travel & Expense Information Session" to register. For questions, please contact Doris Celian at email@example.com or at 487-0324.
HOUSING AND RESIDENCE LIFE LOOKING FOR HELP ON FRESHMAN MOVE-IN DAY: Housing and Residence Life is seeking help from registered student organizations for Move-In Magic on Saturday, August 31, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. This annual event showcases our marvelous spirit with members of student organizations and EMU athletic teams assisting new students and their parents during freshman move-in. Please contact Brian Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or a registration form. The form can also be downloaded at http://www.emich.edu/residencelife/residencelife.php.
REQUIRED MIOSHA TRAINING FOR EMU EMPLOYEES: MIOSHA has updated the Hazard Communication Standard (Employees Right to Know) by adopting the Global Harmonization System. These changes to the standard require all employees to receive updated training by the December 1, 2013 deadline. Please plan to attend one of the following mandatory training sessions:
- Monday, Aug. 12, 2 - 3 p.m., 201 Pray-Harrold
- Wednesday, Aug. 14, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Tuesday, Aug. 20, 10 - 11 a.m., 201 Pray-Harrold
- Monday, Aug. 26, 2 - 3 p.m., 201 Pray-Harrold
- Wednesday, Aug. 28, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Strong Auditiorium
If you would like to schedule a training session for your department, please contact Envirionmental Health & Safety (EAS) at 487-0794 or email@example.com. EHS will work with departments to ensure all EMU employees are trained by the deadline.
2012-2013 PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS ARE DUE AUGUST 31: It's time to finalize your 2013 performance evaluations that cover the period from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. The performance management process for AP, PT, AH, AC, CC, CS, CP, and PS employees must be completed and all documents on file with Human Resources by Saturday, August 31.
AP, PT, AH, CC, CS, AC Only:
All performance evaluations are to be completed using the online SuccessFactors system. Instructions can be found at the following link:
Access to SuccessFactors is achieved via the Employee tab of your my.emich portal. Log in to my.emich, click the Employee tab, and the link is located in the right-hand column under the Training and Development logo. Instructor led training is being offered to the campus. Registration is required prior to training attendance and can be completed at the SurveyMonkey link listed below the training dates.
All of training sessions will be held in room 100 of McKenny Hall, Training Suite.
- Tuesday, July 30, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 1, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 6, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 8, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 15, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 21, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 28, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
To register for a training session follow the link below or copy the link into your web browser.
Additional training sessions will be created if needed, and a subsequent announcement will be emailed. Specific questions may be directed to Anita Schnars, Director Training and Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or Allison Gordon, TOD Assistant at email@example.com.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.