* PUBLIC MEETING ON CAMPUS ABOUT CITY OF YPSILANTI MASTER PLAN: EMU faculty, staff, and students are invited to a public meeting on Monday, September 9, 6 - 7:30 p.m., in room 310 of the Student Center. Learn more about and offer feedback to City officials about the City of Ypsilanti's draft Master Plan. Food will be served.
The City's Master Plan will guide the City's values for decisions about land use, housing, transportation, equity and sustainability. The draft Master Plan was created after months of public hearings and workshops. You can also learn more at the City's Facebook page. The event is sponsored by EMU Student Government and EMU's Office of Government & Community Relations.
* THE ACADEMIC PROJECTS CENTER WILL OPEN SEPT. 9TH: The Academic Projects Center will be open for drop-in consulting beginning on Monday, September 9. The APC is located in room 116 of the Halle Library and will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday. The Center will offer point-of-need help with research, writing, and technology to students working on research papers and other academic projects. For more information, please visit the Academic Projects Center homepage.
EMU DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY REMINDERS: For questions pertaining to crime prevention, please contact Police Officer Candace Dorsey, Crime Prevention Coordinator at 487-0987 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Crime Prevention office is located within the EMU Police Department at 1200 Oakwood Street. For emergencies, call 911. For all other calls, or to report an incident, please call 487-1222. To leave a message on the anonymous tip hot-line, call 487-4847. General questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to participate in the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication Training presented by Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Please plan to attend one of the following sessions. All training sessions will be held in room 300, Halle Library.
- Thursday, September 12, 8:30 - 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 25, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, October 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 24, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 11, 8:30 - 10 .m.
- Tuesday, December 10, 8:30 - 10 .m.
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-0794.
REQUIRED MIOSHA TRAINING FOR ALL EMU AND STUDENT EMPLOYEES: MIOSHA has updated the Hazard Communication Standard (Employees Right to Know) by adopting the Global Harmonization System. These changes to the standard require all employees to receive updated training by the December 1, 2013 deadline. Please plan to attend one of the following mandatory training sessions:
- Tuesday, September 10, 6 - 7 a.m., 201 Pray-Harrold
- Thursday, September 12, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Monday, September 16, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., Strong Auditorium
- Wednesday, September 18, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Monday, September 23, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Wednesday, September 25, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m., Strong Auditorium
- Monday, October 7, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., Strong Auditorium
- Wednesday, October 9, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Monday, October 14, 9 - 10 a.m., Strong Auditorium
If you would like to schedule a training session for your department, please contact Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) at 487-0794 or email@example.com. EHS will work with departments to ensure all EMU employees are trained by the deadline.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.
DEPARTMENT DIRECTORY UPDATES: If your Department Directory listing is not accurate, please send the updated information to: email@example.com. For questions, contact Debra Burke at 487-6895 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that personal directory listings are populated by Banner and you will need to contact Academic HR or Staff HR to update personal listings.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU website, click "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. If you need help or have questions, please contact Debra Johnson at email@example.com or call 487-2484. All events are subject to approval.