CALLING ALL EMU BAND ALUMNI: Do you remember the words to the fight song? Go Green? If so then please join the EMU Marching Band in their Pre-Game Performance on Saturday, September 21, during Homecoming as EMU takes on Ball State University at Rynearson Stadium. Alumni Homecoming Band festivities:
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Alumni Homecoming Band Registration
- 9:45 - 10:30 a.m. Alumni Homecoming Band Rehearsal with EMU MB
- 12 p.m. Alumni Homecoming Band and EMU MB set parade block at north side of Rynearson
- 12:10 p.m. Step Off to Parade around Rynearson Stadium with the EMU MB
- 12:45 p.m. Alumni Homecoming Band and EMU MB Pre-Game Performance
Please visit http://www.emich.edu/musicdance/ensembles/bands/marchingbandevents for more information and a complete schedule of events planned for EMU Band Alumni. If you are planning to join us, please RSVP by calling 487-1430 or email at
email@example.com. Please respond with your name, instrument and years in the band.
REQUIRED MIOSHA TRAINING FOR ALL EMU AND STUDENT EMPLOYEES: MIOSHA has updated the Hazard Communication Standard (Employees Right to Know) by adopting the Global Harmonization System. These changes to the standard require all employees to receive updated training by the December 1, 2013 deadline. Please plan to attend one of the following mandatory training sessions:
- Monday, September 23, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Wednesday, September 25, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m., Strong Auditorium
- Monday, October 7, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., Strong Auditorium
- Wednesday, October 9, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Monday, October 14, 9 - 10 a.m., Strong Auditorium
- Wednesday, October 16, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Strong Auditorium
- Tuesday, October 22, 6 - 7 a.m., Pray-Harrold
If you would like to schedule a training session for your department, please contact Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) at 487-0794 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EHS will work with departments to ensure all EMU employees are trained by the deadline.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to participate in the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication Training presented by Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Please plan to attend one of the following sessions. All training sessions will be held in room 300, Halle Library.
- Wednesday, September 25, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, October 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 24, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 11, 8:30 - 10 .m.
- Tuesday, December 10, 8:30 - 10 .m.
Please register at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
EMU FOUNDATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES: The EMU Foundation Board of Trustees will meet today, September 20, 1 p.m., in the grand ballroom in Student Center. This event is open to the public. For more information, please call Maria Cyars at 481-2304.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS JOB FAIR: Employers will be recruiting for interns and full time employees in a variety of majors at the College of Business Job Fair today, September 20, 1 - 4 p.m., in Owen Building. Be sure to dress professionally and bring several copies of your resume. For more information, please contact the University Advising & Career Development Center at 487-4099.
EMU WOMEN'S SOCCER VS. STETSON: The EMU women's soccer team will play Stetson today, September 20, 5 p.m., Scicluna Field. For the complete schedule, please visit Women's Soccer.
PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will take place tonight, September 20, 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• EMU Website (www.emich.edu)
• Banner Self-Service (faculty, student and employee tabs in my.emich)
• Library Catalog
• Library Image Database
• Library Intranet
• IRIM (irim.emich.edu)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page. All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
• Online Hiring System ( www.emujobs.com )
• EagleMail (mail.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff only. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.