Activities and Events
ADVANCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL: APPLY FOR FREE AT GRADUATE OPEN HOUSE: A graduate degree is an important stepping stone to a promotion or career advancement in many fields. Get started today on your graduate degree at EMU during the Graduate Open House on Saturday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m, in the Student Center Ballroom.
What can you expect during the Open House? You can apply for admission and your application fee will be waived for the first graduate program you apply to. You'll learn about graduate assistantships and doctoral fellowships. Register for a drawing to win three free tuition credits.Three winners will each receive this $1,500 award. Speak with a college representative and receive general information about the programs and get contact information for the faculty advisors. Meet with faculty members from several doctoral and cohort programs. For questions, please call 487-0042.
EXPLORE EASTERN OPEN HOUSE: The Explore Eastern Open House is a great way for high school and transfer students to learn about EMU and how an Eastern education can create a path to your future. Explore Eastern will be held on Saturday, Nov. 23, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Student Center. All students attending the Open House can apply for admission FREE of charge—a $35 savings. What to expect during Explore Eastern:
- EMU faculty will be available to talk with you about specific majors and academic programs.
- Deans from each of the colleges will give a brief presentation about the programs available.
- EMU leaders from Housing, Dining, Career Services, Leadership and Involvement, Financial Aid, Scholarships and others will be available to speak with you.
- Admissions staff will be available to speak with incoming freshmen and transfer students, including a special session for transfer students.
- Get a tour of campus, led by EMU students at 9 a.m., 11:25 a.m. or 12:55 p.m. You’ll have the opportunity to ask your tour guide questions and see:
- a classroom building
- the Bruce T. Halle Library
- the Olds-Robb Recreation and Intramural Building
- a residence hall room
- All attendees are welcome to bring family members and friends.
Reserve your spot today for the next Explore Eastern Open House, or call 800.GO.TO.EMU. View the downloadable PDF for the official Explore Eastern schedule. We recommend you plan your day prior to your arrival in order to take full advantage of all the opportunities that will be provided.
DINE AND DONATE FUNDRAISER AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS IN LIVONIA: There will be a “Dine to Donate” fundraising event to raise funds for the EMU Social Work Alumni Endowed Scholarship on Monday, Dec. 2, at the Buffalo Wild Wings located at 37651 Six Mile Road, Livonia. During the event, 20% of your purchase will be donated to the scholarship fund. You must present the certificate at the time of purchase. Please click on the link http://www.emich.edu/chhs/sw/resources/social.php to print the certificate. For questions, please contact Rae Ann Yuskowatz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-8040.