SALE AT THE EMU BOOKSTORE: Mark your calendars! There will be a sale at the EMU Campus Bookstore starting on Thursday, Feb. 20 through Friday, Feb. 21. For more information, please call the bookstore at 483-2850 or email Kevin McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.emichshop.com.
* SUMMER 2014 TUITION WAIVER DEADLINE: The deadline for submitting tuition waivers for Summer 2014 Tuition Waiver is Wednesday, May 14. All tuition waivers must be submitted to the Benefits Office, 140 McKenny Hall or you can also fax your waiver to 487-4389. Tuition waivers submitted after the due date, will not be approved. For questions, please contact Helene LaGrow at 487-3195 or email at email@example.com.
UPGRADES TO THE EMU WEBSITE: Several enhancements have been made to the EMU website at www.emich.edu by the Integrated Content team. Links for Eaglemail, myemich, calendars, maps & directions, parents and faculty/staff can now be found in the Quick Links box located at the top of the EMU home page. To read more, please go to http://www.emich.edu/univcomm/releases/release.php?id=1392233757.
MIOSHA HAZARD TRAINING SESSIONS: All EMU employees are required to attend one of the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) Hazard Communication training, including the Globally Harmonized System. Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, Feb. 20, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m., Halle Auditorium
- Monday, Feb. 24, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Halle Auditorium
To register, go to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-0794.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Tuesday, Mar. 11, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Mar. 12, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, Apr. 14, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Apr. 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, May 14, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Thursday, May 15, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, June 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, June 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
Please register at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
CAMPUS FORUM TO DISCUSS STRATEGIC PLAN AND BUDGET: President Martin invites the campus community to a campus forum today, Feb. 18, 11 a.m. - noon, in the Student Center Auditorium. During the forum, she will discuss updates to the Strategic Plan and John Lumm, CFO, will discuss budget updates. There will be an opportunity for questions and answers.
THESIS DEFENSE: Reino Bruner from the psychology department, will defend his thesis, "Physiological Measures Differentiate Distinct Domains of Immanent Justice Reasoning," today, Feb. 18, 3:45 p.m., room 327, in the Mark Jefferson Science Complex. For more information, please contact Ashley Stauffer at 487-1155.
2013-2014 STAR LECTURE SERIES WELCOMES VALERIE POLAKOW: The EMU Honors College welcomes Valerie Polakow who will speak on "Foreclosed Childhoods: Poverty, Inequality, and the Violation of Human Rights tonight, Feb. 18, 7 - 8:30 p.m., in the Student Center Ballroom. This interactive session will explore the crisis of childhood poverty, its effect on the daily lives of children and the toxic impacts of social and educational exclusion. Polakow will be the sixth guest speaker at the 2013-2014 Star Lectures: "Manifestations of Poverty" series. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.