Activities and Events
MILITARY SCIENCE ROTC BOOK FAIR: Please drop by and browse through the nice selection of used fiction and non-fiction military and history books and DVDs that will be on sale during their Book Fair on Tuesday, Mar. 4, Wednesday, Mar. 5 and Thursday, Mar. 6, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Roosevelt Hall (on the first floor). All proceeds will help support the cadets for their Annual Military Ball. For more information, please contact Claudia Cullin at 487-1020 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Books will be priced anywhere from .50 to $2 per book.
ACADEMIC ADVISING AWARENESS WEEK: The EMU University Advising Career Development Center will host a series of career development events as part of Academic Advising Awareness Week. Below is the schedule of events:
- Career Day - Monday, Mar. 3, 1 - 3 p.m., in the Halle Library Lobby. This event will provide information on career fairs, resume critiques, jobs on campus, job search resources, internships and figuring out what you can do with your major.
- Inside LBCs LBC Credit Approved - Tuesday, Mar. 4, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., 2nd floor of Pray-Harrold. Confused about Learning Beyond the Classroom requirements? During this event, representatives from different departments will be available to answer questions.
- Support Networks - Wednesday, Mar. 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Student Center Lobby. There will be information available about the different services available to students at EMU, like the Writing Center and Snow Health Center.
- General Education Requirements - Thursday, Mar. 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Student Center Lobby. Are the general education requirements confusing you? Do you have questions about what's required? Stop by to learn more and play a trivia game to win prizes!
For questions or more information, contact Helen Kenney at 487-0400 or email at email@example.com.
VENDOR APPRECIATION DAY AT EMU STUDENT CENTER: Come out and celebrate Vendor Appreciation Day on Wednesday, Mar. 5 and Thursday, Mar. 6, 2 - 5 p.m., on the first floor of the Student Center. Don't miss out on the excitement and offerings available to you. There will be a scavenger hunt and other games for a chance to win some cool prizes, including gift cards. The event is free. For more information, please call 487-1100 or visit www.emich.edu/studentcenter, facebook.com/emustudentcenter.
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARDS LUNCHEON: The College of Business will host the Business of the Year Awards Luncheon on Friday, Mar. 14, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Student Center Ballroom. The keynote speaker will be Donna Inch, chairman and CEO, Ford Land at Ford Motor Company. The luncheon is free but you must register by going to http://www.emich.edu/cob/luncheon/. Tickets and parking validation can be picked up at the registration table upon arrival. Paid parking will be in the lot next to Student Center. Please contact Shirley Wentz for more information or if you have questions.
* EASTERN MICHIGAN WRITING PROJECT: Eastern Michigan Writing Project (EMWP) is pleased to announce Inkstains, a summer writing camp for middle and high school students on the campus of EMU. The middle school writer's camp is scheduled for July 7-11. The high school writer's camp is scheduled for July 14-18. The camp runs Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. The cost of the camp is $225. For more information, or to request a brochure and application, please contact Kim Pavlock at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Inkstains camp brochure and application are also available to download from the EMWP website: http://emichwp.org/wp/for-families/inkstains-writing-camp/