OPEN FORUM SESSION FOR ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS CANDIDATES: The Search Committee for the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs position would like to invite the campus community to interact with and provide feedback for four candidates invited to participate in campus visits for this position. Each candidate will have a brief presentation and open forum session as well as answer questions and talk with students at the Student Center. The times and locations for these sessions are:
Presentation/Open Forum for Faculty and Staff:
- Calvin Phillips: Friday, Apr. 4, 1 - 2 p.m., in room 301, in the Student Center
- John Berry: Monday, Apr. 7, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., in room 300, in the Student Center
- Timothy Wise: Thursday, Apr. 10, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., in room 320, in the Student Center
Q/A Session with Students:
- Calvin Phillips: Friday, Apr. 4, 2:15 - 3 p.m., in room 301, in the Student Center
- John Berry: Monday, Apr. 7, 1:30 – 2:15 p.m., in room 300, in the Student Center
- Timothy Wise: Thursday, Apr. 10, 1:30 – 2:15 p.m., in room 320, in the Student Center
For questions, please contact Lisa Copeland at 487-4999 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EMU AUTISM COLLABORATIVE CENTER NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT: Would you like to work with children ages 3-12 who have Autism Spectrum Disorder in the S.P.L.A.S.H! summer camp program? If so, please complete an application and send it to the ACC by Monday, Apr. 7 by 5 p.m.
Prior ASD/special education experience and current EMU student status preferred. Candidates must be available to work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from June 30 to August 15 and also be available for training June 23 to June 27. There are a variety of both paid positions and also volunteer positions available. Hourly rates for paid positions are $8.80 - $15. Candidates must pass all criminal background and reference checks. Interviews will take place on Tuesday, Apr. 8 and Wednesday, Apr. 9.
An Application can be picked up at the ACC, located at 1055 Cornell Street, or you can download a copy by clicking on the link http://www.emich.edu/acc/documents/flyers/splash_job_app.pdf. You can also e-mail the ACC and request an application at email@example.com. Please contact S.P.L.A.S.H! director Betty Lou Rowe at (586) 596-8036 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
* PARKING LOT CLOSURE: The Bowen Guest Parking Lot and Oakwood North Parking Lot will be closed Wednesday, Apr. 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Teacher Job Fair.
EMU WOMEN'S GOLF LEAGUE: Are you looking forward to spring? Are you a golfer and interested in playing on the EMU Women's Golf League at Eagle Crest Resort? The Women's Golf League plays on Wednesday evenings starting at the end of April and it goes through the middle of August. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, please contact Molly Weir at email@example.com or Vicki Reaume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRADUATING MILITARY VETERANS - GET YOUR HONOR CORD: Military veterans who have honorably served and who are graduating this April can pick up an honor cord at the Veteran Services Office located in room 401 in Pierce Hall. Please bring a copy of your DD 214 if you are not currently using GI BIll benefits at EMU or haven't used those benefits in the past few years. Please contact the Veterans Services Office at 487-3119 if you have any questions.
LMS SELECTION COMMITTEE HOLDS OPEN FORUM SOFTWARE DEMONSTRATIONS: The Learning Management Software (LMS) Selection Committee at EMU invites you to a series of open forum software demonstrations from our three final candidates for a new LMS. The scheduled meetings are:
- Friday, Apr. 4 - 2 - 3:30 p.m. - Instructure Canvas
- Friday, Apr. 11 - 2 - 3:30 p.m. - Desire2Learn
All meetings will be held in room 213 in Pray-Harrold. Each vendor will provide a brief demonstration of their system and then the audience will have an opportunity to ask questions. This is a great opportunity to provide your feedback to the Committee on our transition to a new system during the 2014-15 school year. For questions, please contact Bill Jones at 487-9043 or email at email@example.com.
THE EMU CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE NEEDS YOUR HELP: The EMU Children’s Institute has teamed up with the Michigan Orphan Kitten Rescue and Shoe Box Recycling to help orphaned kittens. As you begin your spring cleaning, please drop off any paired men’s, women’s and kids shoes that are still usable to the Children’s Institute at Fletcher School on Cornell. The rescue gets money for the shoes to help orphan kittens. For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/mikittens or call Tracey Buhinicek at 487-2348.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Monday, Apr. 14, 8:30 - 10 a.m., in the Halle Library Auditoriium
- Wednesday, May 14, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Thursday, May 15, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, June 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, June 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
Please register at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
EMU ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE REPORTING HOTLINE: The Ethics and Compliance Reporting Hotline is active and available to faculty and staff. Established by the Board of Regents in January 2007, the Hotline includes a toll-free telephone number and website where individuals can report, anonymously if they choose, an ethical or compliance-related issue involving any Eastern employee. The Hotline is operated by Global Compliance, a leading global provider of comprehensive, integrated compliance solutions. The toll-free number and website are available 24/7, 365 days a year. The toll-free number is 866-213-4862. The website can be accessed at Compliance Helpline.
A WALK IN HER SHOES: EMU's Tau Kappa Epsilon and The Women's Resource Center once again host "A Walk in Her Shoes" tonight, Apr. 3, 7 p.m., in the Halle Library Auditorium. Come learn more about how men can become involved in ending violence against women. Also, be on the lookout for EMU Tau Kappa Epsilon members walking around campus in high heels during the day! Please contact Ellen Collier with any questions at 487-0364 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* DINE AND DONATE AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS AND HELP THE EMU AUTISM COLLABORATIVE CENTER: Everyone is invited to dine at Buffalo Wild Wings, located at 216 James L. Hart Parkway, in Ypsilanti for lunch or dinner today, Apr. 3 and 20% of all sales will be donated to the ACC (must present flyer http://www.emich.edu/acc/documents/acc-bw3-2014-04-03.pdf at time of meal. Buffalo Wild Wings hours are 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Support a great cause and eat some great food!
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.