Activities and Events
GRAD FAIR AT THE EMU CAMPUS BOOKSTORE: Commencement is April 27 and to help graduates prepare, the EMU Campus Bookstore is hosting a Grad Fair on Monday, Apr. 7 and Tuesday, Apr. 8, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the EMU Campus Bookstore in the Student Center. You'll be able to purchase your cap and gown, visit with class ring vendors, order graduation announcements, diploma frames, graduation gifts, alumni items and more. Graduates-to-be can enter to win an Alumni Prize Package (see store for details). Please visit www.emich.edu/commencement for all ceremony information. For other questions, contact Kevin McKay at 483-2850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEST BUDDIES FRIENDSHIP WALK: The Best Buddies Friendship Walk will be held on Saturday, Apr. 5 from 12 - 3 p.m. at Gallup Park in Ann Arbor. Registration for the Walk is $15 per person. In order to register, you will need to go to firstgiving.com/bestbuddiesmichigan. Participants will receive a t-shirt, food and a beverage. There will also be a DJ and other fun activities during the event. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lauren Golubski at (440) 539-5863 or e-mail us at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
* RELAY FOR LIFE: Relay for Life is an awesome event where anyone can come celebrate those battling cancer, fight back against cancer and remember those who have lost the fight. The Relay for Life event will be held on Friday, Apr. 11 through Saturday, Apr. 12 at EMU’s University Park and the Lake House. Events start at 2 p.m. To register or learn more, please visit www.relayforlife.org or contact Steve Windom at firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is free and open to the public.
* FAMILY DAY OPEN HOUSE: All EMU student parents and their children are invited to Family Day Open House on Saturday, Apr. 12, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., in McKenny Hall. There will be activities for children of all ages, resources and information for student parents. A lunch will be served. For more information, and to RSVP, please go to http://www.emich.edu/wcen/studentswhoareparents.php. There will be free parking at the McKenny Staff Parking Lot (West of McKenny Hall) and/or in the Oakwood Parking Lot (West of Mark Jefferson Building).
ANNUAL VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE: Members of the Beta Alpha Psi and the EMU Accounting Club at the College of Business are offering free income tax services through their annual "Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)" program to the community members and EMU students who meet the eligibility requirements. Taxes will be done on a first-come,first-serve basis on the following dates at the following locations:
- Friday, Apr. 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Halle Library
- Saturday, Apr. 12, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the College of Business
- Tuesday, Apr. 15, 5 - 8 p.m., at the College of Business
For more information, please visit the Annual Income Tax Assistance schedule (http://www.emich.edu/studentorgs/bap/vita.html).
FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR JANN JOSEPH: The College of Education will host a farewell reception for Jann Joseph on Tuesday, Apr. 22, 3 - 4:30 p.m., in room 100 in Porter. Please stop by to thank Dean Joseph for her service to EMU and wish her well as Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at Indiana University South Bend. Please RSVP to Pauline Banks at email@example.com by Friday, Apr. 11.