Eastern Michigan University staff wins four communications awards from IABC
by Ward Mullens, Published July 13, 2009
YPSILANTI — Eastern Michigan University staff from marketing and communications have received five awards from the International Association of Business Communicators.
Members of EMU’s Office of Marketing and Communications won awards in the following categories: Electronic and Digital Communications – Web Sites; Best of Show – Publications; Design – Special Publications; Community Relations; and Special Events – Internal or External.
The category and the winners included:
- (Electronic and Digital Communications –Web Sites) Rhonda DeLong, director of Web communications, Scott Shaper, Web developer, and Suzanne Szopo, Web creative manager for their work on the EMU Admissions Web site.
- (Best in Show – Publications) Darcy Gifford, director of publications, Nancy Mida, EMU Foundation, Michael Andaloro, graphic designer and Randy Mascharka, photographer for their work on the 2008 EMU Annual Report.
- (Community Relations) Theodore G. Coutilish, associate vice president for marketing; Russ Olwell, professor of history and philosophy; and Georgeann Herbert, WWJ radio for their work on the Education Minute.
- (Special Events – Internal or External) Vicki Reaume, director of alumni relations, Melissa Ginotti, campus life, Meghan Britton, grassroots marketing and Coutilish for their work on 2008 Homecoming.
- (Design – Special Publications) EMU also won an award for its recruitment campaign.
"The IABC/Detroit awards underscore the high level of professionalism, skill and talent in the EMU Division of Communications. My congratulations to the communication professionals for their outstanding work, commitment and efforts in promoting Education First," said Coutilish.