by Ward Mullens, Published October 20, 2009
YPSILANTI —The Eastern Michigan University Board of Regents approved the appointments 13 staff at its regular meeting Oct. 20.
Of the 13 appointments, six (46 percent) are females and seven (54 percent) are males. Nine of the 13 are Caucasians and four are African American.
New employees include:
• Geoff Larcom, of Ann Arbor, executive director of media relations. Larcom spent 26 years in journalism, including 21 years at the Ann Arbor News. He was the sports editor at the Ann Arbor News from 1988-2000. From 2008-2009 he was a reporter and columnist covering Eastern Michigan University. He recently received the Knight-Wallace Journalism Fellowship at the University of Michigan.
• Larcom received his master’s degree in journalism from the University of Michigan in 1982. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan in 1980.
• Deborah Shannahan, of Livonia, human resources and organizational development consultant. Shannahan was a human resources generalist for Intra Corp. of Westland from 2008-2009. From 1994 to 2002, she was the staff adviser for corporate organization planning at DaimlerChrysler of Auburn Hills.
She earned her master’s degree in human resources and labor relations from Michigan State University and her bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Michigan.
Other new employees include:
• Gregory Doyle, of Rochester Hills, business consultant for the Michigan Small Business Development Center.
• Bree Brouwer, of Ypsilanti, site coordinator for the Center for the Study of Children and Families.
• Autumn Fabricant, of Ann Arbor, site coordinator for the Center for the Study of Children and Families.
• Sean Galvin, of Plymouth, site coordinator for the Center for the Study of Children and Families.
• Tashina Kiley, of Belleville, administrative associate I, Student Business Services.
• Robert Mills III, of Ypsilanti, site coordinator for the Center for the Study of Children and Families.
• Pierre Rice Jr., of Ypsilanti, site coordinator for the Center for the Study of Children and Families.
• Frederick Shorter, of Ypsilanti, custodian.
• Catherine Sielicki, of Milan, event planning coordinator, HDC Support Services – dining.
• John Weatherspoon, of Ann Arbor, HVAC control specialist.
• Kellie Wilson, of Adrian, custodian.