EMU regents approve nine faculty, three staff retirements
by Alyssa Eckles, Published February 16, 2010
YPSILANTI — The Eastern Michigan University Board of Regents approved the retirement of nine faculty members and three staff members. Those retiring from the University are:
- Barry Avedon, of Ann Arbor, professor of art, 44 years.
- Mahmoud Al-Khafaji, of Ypsilanti, assistant professor, department of mathematics, 26 years.
- Catherine Bach, of Ann Arbor, professor, department of biology, 19 years.
- David Geherin, of Ypsilanti, professor, department of English language and literature, 41 years.
- Donald Pearson, of Ypsilanti, professor, department of economics, 41 years.
- Margaret Hart, of Brighton, professor, department of English language and literature, 22 years.
- Michael T. Jones, of Scottsdale, Ariz., professor, department of history and philosophy, 36 years.
- Dian Love, of Ypsilanti, assistant professor, school of engineering technology, seven years.
- Paul Kuwik, of Ypsilanti, professor, school of technology studies, 39 years.
- Mary Callison, of Ypsilanti, senior secretary, department of physics and astronomy, 23 years.
- Marilyn Wright, of Ypsilanti, senior secretary, extended programs-professional program training, 19 years.
- Sharon Van Ryte, of Ferndale, custodian, custodial services, 25 years.