April 25, 2014

EMU student dies from injuries suffered in Ann Arbor house fire

by Geoff Larcom, Published April 03, 2010

Bookmark and Share

YPSILANTI - An Eastern Michigan University student died Saturday from injuries suffered during a fire early this morning in Ann Arbor.

The student is identified as 22-year-old Renden LeMasters, from Dexter. He was a senior in the College of Technology. Two other people also were injured in the fire, which occurred in a house on South State Street.

"This is a tragic loss," said Eastern Michigan University President Susan Martin. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Renden's family and friends at this difficult time." The University is prepared to offer counseling and support to anyone who requests it. Please contact University Health Services at 734.487.1118.

Geoff Larcom

glarcom@emich.edu

734.487.4400

Contact:
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linked in
  • Blog EMU
  • EMU app