EMU football “Unites” fan experience with season-long give-aways, special events
by Ward Mullens, Published September 01, 2010
YPSILANTI - What do a wide-screen TV, the MAC attack and cartoonist Dave Coverly have in common?
They are "United" in their respective roles in making the Eastern Michigan University football experience more fan friendly for the 2010 season, which kicks off Saturday against Army at 7 p.m. at Rynearson Stadium.
The slogan for the 2010 EMU football campaign is "United We Swoop."
"At Eastern Michigan, we realize that 'United' we can achieve anything," said Ted Coutilish, director of marketing for EMU. "United also sums up how we feel, which is that Eastern is a true community that embraces every fan."
The season-long fan festivities include:
- The Coach's Lunch the Monday before every 2010 home football game. Coaches and players will preview the Eagles' next opponent. Cost is $15 and the lunches will be hosted by different Ypsilanti locations. For more information, call 734.487.1411.
- The Mac Attack is back for 2010. Participants can enter to win a 13-inch widescreen 2GB Macbook in a random drawing during the first half of each home game. The value of the laptop is $1,000.
- Eagles fans can put their knowledge to the test with the new Eagles text message trivia contest during each 2010 home game. The public address announcer and the digital scoreboard will provide instructions to play. Text the correct answer and win electronic discounts on EMU merchandise.
- The first 1,000 fans to enter each 2010 EMU home football game will receive a one-of-a-kind collector's cup featuring the art of cartoonist and EMU alum Dave Coverly. Coverly, the creator of the nationally syndicated cartoon "Speedbump," has added his touch to special edition game-specific cups that will be given away at every home game.
- If it's EMU swag you are after, including that wide-screen television, enter the Eagle Rewards Program. EMU students and employees can register to participate in a program to earn points by attending EMU home athletic events throughout the year. The more events attended, the more points received. Points can be redeemed for EMU merchandise. Participants also can track point totals with friends online. For information, call 734.487.8109.