Eastern Michigan seeking nominees for 2012 MLK Humanitarian Awards
by Emily Vontom, Published December 14, 2011
YPSILANTI - Eastern Michigan University is seeking nominees for its 2012 Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Awards. Applications are due Jan. 3, 2012. The awards will be presented during the MLK President's Luncheon Monday, Jan. 16.
These awards recognize individuals from within the University and surrounding community who exemplify the values and ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. There are two categories for the awards: non-students and students.
- Nominees should exemplify the values and ideals of Dr. King, specifically in the areas of leadership and service.
- These nominees must be members of the University community or of the broader community and have made a significant impact.
- For questions and application requirements and procedures, please contact Lee Greden at email@example.com
- Nominees must have demonstrated a commitment to promoting respect and improving the quality of life for all people.
- Student awards are made possible through an endowment, with two awards offered at $1000 and $750.
- Applications require an essay, a letter of support from Eastern faculty or staff, and a completed application form.
- Application forms are available from various offices throughout campus, including the Office of Financial Aid, the Center for Multicultural Affairs, Student Government, Campus Life, and the Office of the Provost.