Outstanding EMU chemistry students honored for academic excellence
Chemistry department awards $12,791 in scholarships for excellence
by Amber Ratliff, Published June 24, 2014
YPSILANTI- Eastern Michigan University’s chemistry department recently honored its outstanding students April 11 at its 53rd Annual Alumni and Awards Banquet.
The department awarded $12,791 in scholarships for students demonstrating academic excellence during the event. Awards and scholarships were presented to students in all course levels and in various areas of research within the chemistry department.
Students who were honored, their awards and hometowns are:
- Calvin Day: American Chemical Society Division of Analytical Chemistry Award, Undergraduate Research Stimulus Award
Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Michael Martin: Martin and Antoinette Gorski Endowed Scholarship in Radio and Nuclear Chemistry
- Mordechai Sadowsky: Collins’ Endowed Scholarship in Chemistry, Donald M. Loppnow Student Research Scholarship, Symposium Undergraduate Research Fellow, Honors Undergraduate Fellowship
- Briana Moe: American Chemical Society Huron Valley Section Undergraduate Award, University Honors Graduate, Honors Senior Thesis Award, Honors Undergraduate Fellowship
- Amanda Dewyer: Peet-Mayor Endowed Chemistry Award, University Honors Graduate, Honors Senior Thesis Award, Honors Undergraduate Fellowship
- Phil Elugbemi: John Sullivan Endowed Scholarship, Undergraduate Research Stimulus Award
- Sherif Hassanien: Elwood J. C. Kureth Scholarship, Honors Senior Thesis Award, Honors Undergraduate Fellowship
- Chelsea Swanson: Honors Undergraduate Fellowship
- Jewel Jackson: Undergraduate Research Symposium Participant
Rochester Hills, Mich.
- Brianna Sohl: Perry S. Brundage Scholarship
- Johnathan Napier: Hypercube Scholar Award
- Sean Blackburn: Honors Undergraduate Fellowship
- Jacquelyn Lesko: Donald B. Phillips Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Zielinski: Graduate at the Podium Participant
- Reshmi Bhavana Gopagani: Ronald M. Scott Memorial Scholarship
For more information on the programs and scholarships available through the chemistry department, please visit http://www.emich.edu/chemistry/scholarships.php