EMU College of Business opens nominations for Merlanti Ethics award.
YPSILANTI – The Eastern Michigan University College of Business is looking for nominations for the Merlanti Ethics Best Practices Award.
The award, which will be presented at the annual college of business awards banquet April 1, recognizes a businessperson from the southeastern Michigan region who is committed to the highest ethical practices in both business and the community.
Nominations, which are due by Feb. 18, may come from individuals or businesses for a businessperson in the southeastern Michigan region whom the nominator feels meets the Ethics Award criteria:
• Shows a strong commitment to and demonstration of ethical practices in business
• Has high standards of behavior toward customers, employees, suppliers as well as the community
• Practices accurate and truthful advertising and sales practices (where applicable)
• Possesses a positive ethical reputation among peers and the community
• Uses training programs to assist others in carrying out established ethics policies (where applicable).
Nomination forms are available online at http://www.emich.edu/public/cob/management/ethics/award.html Nominations may be sent via email or faxed (details are provided at the website).
Nominations will be reviewed by the scholars enrolled in the EMU College of Business’ Merlanti Corporate Ethics Seminar. This group will interview the top candidates with the final choice made by the Program’s Ethics Advisory Board.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their careers and lives, and to be better citizens.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their career and lives, and to be better citizens.
Editor's Note: Looking for an expert source for a story? Check out EMU's Eastern Experts online at www.emich.edu/univcomm/easternexperts.