EMU regents approve 12 staff appointments
YPSILANTI — The Eastern Michigan University Board of Regents approved the appointments of 12 staff at its regular meeting June 15.
Of the 12 appointments, there are seven females (75 percent) and five males (25 percent). The group includes nine Caucasians (75 percent), two African-Americans (17percent), and one Hispanic (8 percent).
Those receiving appointments are:
• Sara Schaub of Ypsilanti, assistant coach, women’s volleyball. Schaub previously was second assistant volleyball coach at Eastern Michigan University from 2002-2004, She earned her master’s degree in accounting and her bachelor’s degree in business administration, both from Eastern Michigan University.
• Taryn Reid of Ypsilanti, assistant director of advancement activities, alumni relations. Reid previously was a sales and catering assistant/hotel office manager at Weber’s Inn from 2003-2004. Reid earned her bachelor’s degree in communications from Eastern Michigan University.
• Kenneth Ruppel of Ypsilanti, assistant director, constituent relations, alumni relations. Ruppel previously supervised student staff employed in the Night Watch program and promoted educational and diversity programming for students at Eastern Michigan University. Ruppel earned his bachelor’s degree in communication from Central Michigan University.
• Susan Procter of Livonia, instructional technologist II, ICT-Academic Technology and Computer Services. Procter previously was instructional systems designer for MSX International from 2003-2004, and instructional technologist for General Physics Corporation from 2001-2003. Procter earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Eastern Michigan University.
• Christopher Longerbeam ofWestland, assistant coordinator, construction projects. Longerbeam previously worked as a project safety engineer for Walbridge Aldinger in Detroit from 2002-2004. Longerbeam earned his bachelor’s degree in construction management from Eastern Michigan University.
Others receiving appointments are:
• Craig Kwasniak of Toledo, Ohio, accountant I, cashier’s office.
• Jerica Humphrey of Detroit, assistant manager, ticket operations, Convocation Center.
• Audrey Johnson of Ann Arbor, research assistant I, biology department.
• Elsie Casiano of Ann Arbor, senior secretary, students with disabilities services.
• Sherie Bolick of Ann Arbor, senior secretary, academic programming.
• Marlene Staugler of Canton, secretary II, continuing certification.
• Mary Blackburn of Ypsilanti, custodian, HDC support services-housing.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their career and lives, and to be better citizens.
Editor's Note: Looking for an expert source for a story? Check out EMU's Eastern Experts online at www.emich.edu/univcomm/easternexperts.