EMU to present institutional values awards Sept. 23
YPSILANTI - Eastern Michigan University President John Fallon will give his perspectives on the University and announce the winners of the Third Annual Institutional Values Awards, Friday, Sept. 23, 10:30 a.m. at Pease Auditorium.
The EMU awards program recognizes the exemplary efforts of individuals or teams who support the principles of accessibility, relevancy, responsiveness to change, flexibility, quality, collaboration, accountability and affordability and institutional values. Each award grants a $3,500 stipend.
The six award categories are:
• Continuous Improvement, Innovation and/or Customer Service. This award is granted for contributions in developing new approaches to service delivery; increasing effectiveness and efficiency; providing greater customer satisfaction, and using creativity to improve service to EMU’s students, faculty, staff and external constituencies.
• Contributions to the Quality of Student Learning Experiences. This award is granted for contributions toward providing a positive, supportive environment for student success.
• Diversity, Human Dignity, Multicultural/International Involvement. This award is granted for contributions in enhancing understanding, respect and inclusion of diversity among the EMU community and its constituencies.
• Public Engagement and Community Service. This award is granted for contributions in completing exemplary community service activities and building EMU external connections at all levels.
• Support Role in Teaching, Learning, Scholarship, Research and/or Creative Activity. This award is for contributions in enhancing the content and delivery of undergraduate and graduate program.
• Team Excellence. This award is for contributions in furthering the mission of EMU in instruction, institutional support or service, cooperation among units and customer service and/or student support for results achieved in the previous calendar/academic year.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their careers and lives, and to be better citizens.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their career and lives, and to be better citizens.
Editor's Note: Looking for an expert source for a story? Check out EMU's Eastern Experts online at www.emich.edu/univcomm/easternexperts.