EMU honors 18 area exceptional educators at annual convocation of excellence
YPSILANTI - Eastern Michigan University honored more than 820 scholarship recipients and 18 exceptional educators at its Fourth Annual Convocation of Excellence, Saturday, Oct. 8, at Pease Auditorium.
The event recognizes the achievements of EMU’s top freshmen and scholarship recipients, as well as area teachers and counselors who help, inspire and motivate them to attend college.
“This continues to grow every year,” said Courtney McAnuff, vice president for enrollment services. “We had so many nominees for exceptional educators that we expanded list of winners from 10 to 18.”
Educator award recipients are selected based upon the strength of their nomination by students and the number of times candidates are nominated. Honorees receive a plaque and a gift certificate.
The 2005 Exceptional Educator Award recipients are:
• Christi Antonelli, Stevenson High School, Livonia
• Jim Coulliard, Wayne Memorial High School, Wayne
• Steven Cross, South Lyon High School, South Lyon
• Dana Davidson, Cass Technical High School, Detroit
• Joe Dziedizic, Crestwood High School, Dearborn Heights
• Rosemary Gass, Pinckney High School, Pinckney
• Tom Gephardt, Milan High School, Milan
• Juan Lauchu, Saline High School, Saline
• Shritta Law, John Glenn High School, Westland
• Marcia Lizzo, Salem High School, Plymouth
• Joanne McClure, Finney High School, Detroit
• George McCreedy, Ypsilanti High School, Ypsilanti
• Marc Miloser, Belleville High School, Belleville
• James Robert, Pioneer High School, Ann Arbor
• Rick Ross, Lincoln High School, Ypsilanti
• Joyce Spletzer, Walled Lake Western High School, Walled Lake
• Olga Tsipras, Riverview Community High School, Riverview
• John VanBlack, Ann Arbor Huron High School, Ann Arbor
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their careers and lives, and to be better citizens.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions. EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences to succeed in their career and lives, and to be better citizens.
Editor's Note: Looking for an expert source for a story? Check out EMU's Eastern Experts online at www.emich.edu/univcomm/easternexperts.