CONTACT: Pamela Young
Outstanding faculty to be honored with Teaching Excellence Awards
YPSILANTI — Seven outstanding faculty members from Eastern Michigan University will be honored at the 18th Annual Teaching Excellence Awards, Saturday, Oct. 25, at the Student Center.
The 2008 recipients are:
- J. Joe Bishop of Ypsilanti, associate professor, teacher education. Bishop is being honored for his dedication to students; ability to connect students’ experiences to the various topics he covers; and his volunteerism and community service at EMU.
- Richaurd Camp of West Bloomfield, professor of management. Camp is being recognized for his passion in preparing students for their careers after graduation.
- Karen Carney of Ypsilanti, associate professor of special education. Carney is being honored for her superb interaction with students both in the classroom and through her service to EMU.
- Colleen Croxall of Willis, assistant professor of health sciences. Croxall is being recognized for her love of teaching and the dedication she has shown to her students.
- John Mayernik of South Lyon, adjunct lecturer in history. Mayernik is being honored for his ability to engage students while utilizing many campus resources, and for his desire to help students succeed.
- Anita Rich of Ypsilanti, professor of communication, media and theatre arts. Rich is being honored for her ability to ignite the imagination of students in a thought provoking and encouraging way, and has been instrumental as faculty director of a playback theatre performance group; and
- Clovis Semmes of Ypsilanti, professor of African American Studies. Semmes will be recognized for distinction in his field, and the application of this knowledge in the classroom.
“The Teaching Excellence Awards are a wonderful way for the Alumni Association to salute some of EMU’s outstanding professors,” said Vicki Reaume, executive director of alumni relations at EMU. “One of EMU’s strengths has always been its faculty, and these awards highlight their dedication to providing an outstanding education to our students.”
Friends and guests are welcome to attend. Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are for $15 per person or $8 per student and can be purchased through the Office of Alumni Relations at 745.487.0250 or email@example.com
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive
university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions.
EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences
to succeed in their career and lives, and to be better citizens.
Editor's Note: Looking for an expert source for a story? Check out
EMU's Eastern Experts online at www.emich.edu/univcomm/easternexperts.
EMU Home | University Communications Home