CONTACT: Ron Podell
EMU regents approve 12 staff appointments
YPSILANTI — The Eastern Michigan University Board of Regents approved the appointments of 12 new staff at its regular meeting Nov. 18.
Of the 12 appointments, seven (58 percent) are female and five (42 percent) are males. The group includes 10 Caucasians (83 percent), one African Americans (9 percent) and one Hispanic (8 percent).
Those receiving appointments are:
- Andrew Maki, of Clinton Township, assistant coach, baseball. Maki previously was a recruiting coordinator, hitting instructor, fundraiser and camp instructor for Wayne State University from 2005-2008. He also was head coach and pitching coach for the Michigan Heat Collegiate League Summer Baseball program during 2005. Maki received his bachelor’s degree in biology/health services from Grand Valley State University.
- Gregory Ivan, of Trenton, product kitchen leader, dining services. Before coming to EMU, Ivan was assistant to the head chef at Park Place Caterers in Dearborn from 2007-2008. Ivan received his associate’s degree in hotel, restaurant and institutional management from Henry Ford Community College.
- April Badon, of Ypsilanti, admissions adviser, admissions, off-campus outreach. Badon previously was a pre-college program graduate assistant at Holman Learning Center from 2003-2008. Before that, she was a teacher assistant for the after-school program at Haisley Elementary School. Badon received both her master’s degree in communication and her bachelor’s degree in communication and drama for the young from Eastern Michigan University.
- Jack Bidlack, of Milan, program coordinator, Office of Academic Service-Learning. Bidlack was store co-director and then director at Busch’s, Inc., from 2006-2008. Previously, he was owner/operator of Design & Copy 101 from 2004-2006. Bidlack received his bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in human resource management from Eastern Michigan University.
- Maria Moreno-Rollins, of Canton, project coordinator, Institute for Language Information Technology. Moreno-Rollins has been an assistant project manager at The LINGUIST LIST since May 2007. Previously, she was publications manager at The LINGUIST LIST during 2006-2007 and has been student editor there since 2004. Moreno-Rollins received her bachelor’s degree in English linguistics and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Eastern Michigan University.
- Andrew Zerkel, of Adrian, financial aid adviser, financial aid. Prior to coming to EMU, Zerkel was a financial aid counselor at Adrian College from 2006-2008. Previously, he was a sales service associate for the United States Postal Service from 2005-2006. Zerkel received his bachelor’s degree in English from Adrian College.
- Gayle Green, of Ann Arbor, assistant director, Honors College. Prior to coming to Eastern Michigan University, Green was a visiting instructor at Vassar College’s Department of Sociology from 2004-2008. Green received her master’s degree in social sciences from the University of Chicago and her bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary public policy studies from Vanderbilt University.
Others receiving appointments are:
- Hillary Ross,of Ann Arbor, administrative assistant, human resources.
- Susan Brown,of Belleville, secretary II, biology.
- Jennifer Stavros,of Milan, secretary II, sociology.
- Ann Day, of Ypsilanti, account specialist, School of Technology Studies.
- Garrett Hotchkiss, of Ann Arbor, assistant athletic academic program specialist.
Eastern Michigan University is a public, comprehensive
university that offers programs in the arts, sciences and professions.
EMU prepares students with the intellectual skills and practical experiences
to succeed in their career and lives, and to be better citizens.
Editor's Note: Looking for an expert source for a story? Check out
EMU's Eastern Experts online at www.emich.edu/univcomm/easternexperts.
EMU Home | University Communications Home