Eastern Michigan University
Our office provides services to a diverse community of students. Whether you were just released from active duty, currently on active duty, in the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse or dependent of a disabled veteran, we would like to help you with your transition and academic goals.
Reminder to Returning Veteran Students
You must complete the Online Enrollment Certification Request Form each semester to let us know you are ready to have your course work certified with the VA.
New student veterans please start by completing your Online Application for Benefits.
Check out our Quick Guide to the Enrollment Certification Process for military veteran students at Eastern Michigan University
Welcome new student veterans. We would love for you to stop by the Military Veterans Resource Center in 246 McKenny Hall.
If you are new to EMU, we hope you will connect with PAVE for assistance and support. Peer Advisors are ready to help you find answers to questions like these –
• Are you receiving the GI Bill benefits you've earned?
• Are you accessing the financial aid you're entitled to?
• Do you have questions about transferring credits?
• Would you benefit from tutoring or academic advising?
• Are you working or looking for work while attending classes?
• Do you have questions about how to submit a VA claim?
• Do you have legal issues that need resolution?
• Are you struggling with depression? PTSD symptoms? Substance abuse?
If you are already established at EMU, we hope you will consider becoming a Peer Advisor. The time commitment is manageable– just one to two hours per week plus a one-day on-campus training session. In return, you'll gain valuable interpersonal and problem-solving skills, expand your campus network, and earn a letter of recommendation worth highlighting on your résumé. Best of all, you'll make a difference in the life of a fellow student veteran.
To learn more about participating in PAVE:
Check out the PAVE website:
Contact the PAVE Program Coordinator:
(734) 998-5828 office