Gathering Resources to Educate about our Environment and Nature (GREEN)
The Mean, GREEN, Environmental Team!
GREEN's Upcoming events
GREEN meetings are held every Wednesday at 5:30pm in the VISION Volunteer Center. Feel free to drop into any meeting and contribute!
For more information contact GREEN
Or drop in: 346 EMU Student Center
Meet the GREEN Team
Gathering Resources to Educate about our Environment and Nature (GREEN) is a student organization working to provide educational, interactive, and environmentally-beneficial opportunities for Eastern Michigan University and the surrounding community.
- Reducing paper waste
- Reducing energy consumption
- Promoting recycling programs for the “big 4” (paper, plastic, aluminum and glass)
- Promoting recycling for E-waste (batteries, light bulbs, computers, etc.)
- Promoting smart stormwater management practices
In the Community
- Cleaning up local parks (Riverside and FrogIslandParks)
- Beautifying local parks (Luna Lake Restoration Project)
On a National Level
- Encouraging and helping members write to their representative(s) on important issues
GREEN's Organization Partnerships
The following are organizations GREEN has worked with, is working with, or will be working with in the near future.
The Greening of Detroit exists to improve the quality of life in Detroit by guiding and inspiring the reforestation of Detroit's neighborhoods, boulevards, and parks through tree planting projects and educational programs.
A local gardening initiative that works to provide fresh food and education to the EMU and Greater Ypsilanti community. Find the Giving Garden on Facebook!
Helping people improve their lives and communities through gardening. Growing Hope fosters learning, improves nutrition, encourages self-reliance, and promotes positive community futures. Based in Washtenaw County, Michigan.
NAP works to protect and restore Ann Arbor’s natural areas and to foster an environmental ethic among its citizens. This involves conducting plant and animal inventories, ecological monitoring, and stewardship projects in Ann Arbor parks.